PDA

View Full Version : Rangers 08/09 Season Thread

TheBlackLodge
30-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Well then, Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round 1st Leg.

It's been pretty dire thus far..........

TheBlackLodge
31-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Well, unless some quality signings are made I think it might be a very long season......

Armchair Critic
03-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Think you could be right about the long season TBL, just one competitive match gone against Kaunas and the next game is a must win one already:scared:.

Walter really does need to sign an creative midfielder, especially with Fergie out for 4 months. He has been quoted in the press saying as much, but with the limited funds we have it's going to be tricky getting a half decent one.

The gulf between the SPL and EPL was blatent at Ibrox yesterday, totally outplayed by a decent looking Liverpool team, but when the opposition strike force cost in the region of ?45 million I suppose it's no wonder. A cheeky banner made by the 'Pool fans made me laugh however, it said "Thank you Rangers for your efforts in destroying Manchester".

Fingers crossed for Tue night, think it's going to be another nervy occasion.

TheBlackLodge
05-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Where do you start.........

abigsmurf
05-08-2008, 08:10 PM
ouch, that's a result to try and forget.

buster_broon
05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
:lol:

och why doesnt html size make the smilies bigger

Kongster
05-08-2008, 08:46 PM
LOL Oh C'mon man, there's no need for that. You don't support support Celtic by any chance, do you? ;)

No other cities in Europe are gonna get trashed by Rangers fans this season then.

buster_broon
05-08-2008, 08:51 PM
LOL Oh C'mon man, there's no need for that. You don't support support Celtic by any chance, do you? ;)

maybe.....

waits for the Roscco rage, unless Man Utd are doing something :wub:

TheBlackLodge
12-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Well, we all knew that was coming.........

Season pretty much over with then.

Rossco
12-08-2008, 11:23 AM
****in ****e that game was last week by the way. And our 1-0 Falkirk win wasn't too tasty either. And with Cueller on the way out, things are not looking rosy.

EJG1980
13-08-2008, 08:13 AM
It's not all doom and gloom Rangers fans! You are the second best team in the world (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug12c.html) after all :)

Armchair Critic
19-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Do any other Gers fans think that after the disaster that was Kaunas and the selling of King Carlos to Villa that things are looking a bit better for this season?

Mendes had an assured debut on Saturday, his passing was good and looked every inch the midfielder we have desperately needed. With the signing of Edu (pending work permit on Fri) and either Bresciano or Davis (more likely) our midfield looks quite strong.

Plenty of options up front now as well (I have to say, and I know other fans would disagree with me on this one, but I would play Boyd up front every game) Also hope Aaron the Valencia player we've got on loan has a first team game soon, although I doubt he will:( he'd better not end up like another Gow.

Two right tricky games coming up with Aberdeen at Pittodrie and then Celtic at Parkhead, if we can safely navigate those ties then things really will be looking up I reckon.

parkinho
19-08-2008, 08:35 PM
How has young Lafferty settled in? Noticed he scored your opener at the weekend. Played most of last season out of position on the left wing for us last season, but I imagine if he gets a decent run up the middle he will score plenty for you.

Armchair Critic
20-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I think he's settled in great. Walter has played him pretty much like Coyle did, out on the wing, but he seems to be doing well out there. He set up our goal against Falkirk and also scored against Hearts at the weekend. He also does a power of work up and down the wing and tracks right back to the corner flag to defend, I've been impressed with him so far.

Shame the Clarets missed out on Alan Gow in the part exchange offer (think it was personal terms wasn't it?). Although he hasn't really featured for us, the season before last he was outstanding for Falkirk and it's no wonder Rangers signed him. I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, a really good young player with bags of skill but Walter stuck with the big guys and he never got a chance. He would have been good for you I reckon.

TheBlackLodge
23-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Refs want a payrise.

LOL............

Armchair Critic
23-08-2008, 03:38 PM
It was a joke TBL.

Daylight robbery.:(

Rossco
23-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Haven't seen it yet but Clyde 1 were saying it was a joke too. Gutted.

TheBlackLodge
23-08-2008, 05:13 PM
You know, if it was a really tough decision, you could almost understand him getting it wrong, but it was so obvious it was almost laughable. 3 weeks in and 3 quite simply appaling decisions in televised matches, not only that but 3 simple decisions too boot. No wonder Scottish football is considered a bit of a laughing stock.

They say these things even out and that the OF get all the decisions so I shouldn't grumble etc etc, but surely it's a bit alarming when our refs can't get the simple calls right, there's human error and then there's just downright incompetance.

I don't buy the conspiracy crap I just feel that for too long the standard of refereeing in this country has been going down the crapper. Massive changes are required and giving them a pay rise isn't one of them.

TheBlackLodge
25-08-2008, 09:16 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/scottish-football/2008/08/25/referee-iain-brines-must-be-a-celtic-fan-accuses-falkirk-star-michael-higdon-86908-20711317/

and

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/aberdeen-fc/2008/08/25/they-re-not-biased-they-re-not-bent-they-re-just-buffoons-86908-20710807/

Footie phone in should be most amusing tonight......

Armchair Critic
31-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Well, what can I say, a result and a half that one :thumb: The most pleasing thing about it though was the manner of the win. No more hoofing the ball up the pitch like at the end of last season, we played Celtic at their own game and passed them off the park.

Really glad to see Miller get a couple of goals too, hopefully it might get some of the fans who were booing him off his back. Big Cousin put in a good shift up front, he bullied Caldwell and McManus (maybe a bit much 'cause he got a red card) but you could see they didn't like it.

Mendes' goal to remember, Boruc's gaff, Broadfoot having McGeady in his back pocket, not things I was expecting prior to kick off:).

Rossco
31-08-2008, 10:55 PM
yeah mate, it was an awesome game. Really surprised to see Novo benched and Cousin starting, but I guess it paid off for once, he played really well and terrorised Celtic. :)

Wonder if he'll get the boot tomorrow or if we'll keep him with this strange new lease of life!

Great result today anyway and thoroughly enjoyable game, Mendez was stunning again. Really beginning to like him now.

TheBlackLodge
01-09-2008, 06:47 AM
I'm still drunk. Which given that I'm at work can't be very good. But what a game and what a result. Played them off the park. Thought the Cousin sending off was a terrible decision, but thankfully Vinegar of Castlemilk is a complete idiot. Boruc = LOL, Scott brown........Was he playing yesterday ? I didn't see him.

Rossco
01-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah I know, I'm not Cousin's biggest fan but the sending off for him was a joke. I don't agree with either of his yellow cards.

TheBlackLodge
02-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Cousin gone then, 1.5m for someone that never wanted to be there seems good money. Gow essentially gone as well (He won't be back) and still the possibility of Darch and Hemdani going also (wildcard system sounds interesting).

After such a disastrous start things are coming together for the league, which means automatic qualification for next year if we do it......

/Hugs wooden fireplace..........

Rossco
02-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah I wasn't sure if Cousin would go or not after he got a bit more lively on Sunday but that was probably so he could secure a deal elsewhere!

We definitely looked like a different team on Sunday anyway so things are looking up. I was honestly really worried about how we would do this year afew weeks back after we failed to qualify for Europe but looking alot more positive this week.

TheBlackLodge
02-09-2008, 12:12 PM
I don't want to single any one person out as Sunday was a storming team performance, but Mendes........Awesome. The difference in the midfield.......night and day.

Rossco
02-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah mate, he really looks like he can change the pace of a game alone. Brilliant ability to pick the ball up in his own half and run with or set someone up with a great attacking pass.

And that goal!!

TheBlackLodge
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I could watch it again and again......that and Bigfoot laughing at McGeady after ripping him. Quality.

Armchair Critic
02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I have been watching it again and again!:)

Mixed feelings about the big man going to Hull, on his day he was the best striker we had, he just didn't look interested half the time which was a shame:( I also wish Walter had given Gow a chance, especially at the end of last season when everyone was puggled, he was excellent for Falkirk and I reckon he would have done a job for us.

The white Cafu laughing at McGeady, priceless.

Big Seany
03-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Mendes has been the difference so far this season. You can see why Bagpuss was a bit narked when P***smouth sold him. Quality player and back in the international reckoning, I gather.

TheBlackLodge
03-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Indeed, and given the quality of their squad that says a lot about the lad.

Amusingly Bigfoot has been called up to the Scotland squad !

Armchair Critic
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
And scored too:thumb:

Armchair Critic
05-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh dear, so glad I didn't take a ticket for today. Was offered a couple but they were ?27 each and so passed them over, I'd have been gutted paying ?27 to watch that rubbish.

To be honest though it's been on the cards, struggled against Partick and I thought we were lucky against the Hibees, even though we won 3-0, they hit the post, had one cleared off the line and missed a few other chances.

Don't know if any of you guys (Rossco, TBL I'm looking at you) watched it earlier, but why oh why didn't they start the game like they finished it. We only started putting proper pressure on St Mirren with about 15 mins left. I know we can't win every game but it would be nice to compete with the then bottom team for the first 75 mins. Just didn't happen today :(

Rossco
05-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah that was pathetic. Watched the first 60 minutes or so then got fed up and turned it off. Was gonna watch it later but found it it was 1-0 defeat so didn't bother.

Dunno what's going on with them at the moment. Did we only start trying after St Mirren scored then as what I watched was abysmal.

Just checked the match stats and as I thought, St Mirren had one shot on target, the goal! And we had 12 and couldn't convert one!

Armchair Critic
05-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, it was pretty much just as you say, they only looked as if they were interested once St Mirren scored.

Personally I think it was Walter's team selection today, I wouldn't have chosen Adam or JCD, everything was going through the middle and St Mirren were coping with it well. We needed a couple of wingers in I reckon with Boyd in the middle.

It was A Nightmare on Love Street indeed.

TheBlackLodge
06-10-2008, 11:35 AM
It was A Nightmare on Love Street indeed.

QFT. Absolute mare of a performance. Odd team selection to boot. JCD and Adam.....Never should have started, McG got his positioning all wrong for their goal.

Shocked that St Mirren weren't down to 10 men after thon tackle on Thomson,the ref was looking right at and never even gave a freekick.........Ridiculous.

TheBlackLodge
15-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Game postponed on Saturday. Shame about Eddie Thompson, man loved his club but tried to run it properly as well. 2nd loss in a week for them as well....

Armchair Critic
15-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah, saw game was postponed, right thing to do. A sad loss for Scottish football, Eddie Thompson as chairman of United cared about the fans who followed his club. He did so much for the team he loved.

Although he had prostate cancer I still got a shock when I heard the news earlier:(

TheBlackLodge
20-10-2008, 06:19 AM
So, if Spurs get relegated do you think we could get Alan Hutton back ? ;)

Armchair Critic
20-10-2008, 06:27 PM
That's so weird TBL, the very thought crossed my mind this morning when I saw the Spurs score.

We don't need him back anyway, we've got the white Cafu:hmm:

TheBlackLodge
25-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Extract. Finger. Now.

TheBlackLodge
01-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Thought that was going to be a cricket score today.

Armchair Critic
01-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Yeah, me too. When it was 4-0 after 28mins I thought it was gonna be a proper doin'. I'll settle for a just a doin' though:) We were simply on fire today, there were slick passing moves with some great finishing from the strikers (admittedly helped by some poor defending).

Walter started with a good team this afternoon with Davis, Mendes, Thompson and Novo in midfield with Boydy and Miller up front. Not an Adam nor a Darchville in sight.

I know it's only natural to take the foot off the gas a bit, but I wish they had kept the pressure on ICT in the second half. You never know if goal difference is going to play a part, still can't really complain.

TheBlackLodge
02-11-2008, 10:57 AM
You never know if goal difference is going to play a part

Yep, given the events of a few years ago it's something that can play a huge part. However, we did the business lets see if Celtic perhaps drop the ball today given the game midweek.

Armchair Critic
02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Bah, no such luck:(

Armchair Critic
05-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I always do this and I know I shouldn't, but every time we play really well against somebody (ICT on Sat) and we're up against any other team at Ibrox (except Celtic) I think we'll do the same again:(

Both teams played really well and I reckon it was a fair result, but it certainly was a missed opportunity. Zaluska pulled off a few really good saves, especially from Boyd, and it was without doubt McGregor's fault for their second.

Still, more than happy with the football being played just now, some really nice stuff. Although I would put Alexander back in goal, McGregor hasn't been as good since he came back from injury, been to blame for 1 or 2 against us recently.

demon9k
05-11-2008, 01:59 PM
First United game I haven't been to in a while. Looked at the score with 90+1 on the BBC website and we were winning 2-3, gutted we lost even though a draw is a good result at Ibrox.

From the highlights it looks as if you had a load of great chances in the second half. I thought our build up play for our first two goals was pretty good even if McGregor spilt it.

TheBlackLodge
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Need a performance today, been too many individual errors of late. Be interesting to see if Barry starts.....

Armchair Critic
09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah, good point. I'd like to see him start, but not sure if he'll just fit in around Mendes and Davis, arguably to many similar players. You're absolutely right about needing a result, with Celtic winning yesterday we can't afford to drop many more points.

Need to dash, fast approaching kick off and am going up to my mates along the road to watch it. Gonna get soaked getting there, it's been heavy hail showers here all day and it looks like the heavens are just about to open again....:(

TheBlackLodge
10-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Good result, looked a bad one for Thomson though, looks like Barry will be back in team.

Edit: Broadfoot booking for a dive......Twas as stonewall as they get. Ref was most amusing yesterday.

Edit 2: Gutted, Thomson out for the rest of the season, cruciate ligament damage.

Armchair Critic
10-11-2008, 05:41 PM
No way:( Been busy with work today so didn't heard what the damage was. Cruciate ligament? Well as you say, that's him out for the rest of the season. Pity 'cause I reckon he's been our best midfielder in the past few games (although Mendes did put in a good showing against Dundee Utd I thought).

As the commentators were suggesting following the incident during the game, at least this will sort out Walter's selection headache about who to leave out in midfield now. Ferguson will just slot in Thomsons place.

Must admit, I did think Kirky dived when I first saw him fall over but the ref got it all wrong. We played like demons for 15mins at the beginning of second half, I just don't know why can't we play like that in the first? I'm sure I saw a ridiculous statistic about how we've only scored something like 1 goal in the first 20mins all season.

Another away game on Wed night at Fir Park, what's with all these away games? This'll be the 8th away game with only 5 being played at Ibrox so far.

TheBlackLodge
12-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Well Papac has signed his contract extension. Very underrated player, one of the best in our little run to the UEFA Cup final last year IMO. Game is on Setanta tonight, be interesting to see if my reception craps out again.......

demon9k
12-11-2008, 04:06 PM
damn you guys get the best draw in the CIS cup. Looking forward to a replay of last years final :thumb:

TheBlackLodge
13-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Well, couple more results like last night and we can kiss any title chances good bye.

TheBlackLodge
15-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Another week were we play awesome stuff (thus far) and blow a team away.........Bets for the next game though ?

Oh, Boyd and Miller, what a partnership.

Armchair Critic
15-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Have to agree with you on the Boyd/Miller partnership, is looking good and they both had a good game today, Boyd chipping in with another goal.

What a nervous last 15mins though!!! It really shouldn't come down to having to rely on MacGregor to make a brilliant save so we get 3 points against St Mirren at Ibrox.

We need to finish teams off and put away more of our chances. Although excellent, our striking duo can't do it all themselves, we need to score more from midfield I reckon. What I would give to have The Hammer back in his prime:)

TheBlackLodge
16-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Christ, thank feck for Shagger.............That, amazingly, was another example of a game that could have gone either way but should have been wrapped up easy....I dunno, I'm no expert but there is obviously something right but at the same time very wrong......If you follow......

Edit: You're bang on btw, The Hammer on ML......with the team we have.......

/Dreams....

Thats perhaps the problem, the same problem we have had for a good while now. The left hand side.

TheBlackLodge
22-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Tell me how. Please. Someone.

F*cking ridiculous......

Rossco
22-11-2008, 04:59 PM
What is it? Rangers didn't play until 3pm and won! :)

Armchair Critic
22-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I think TBL is referring to Boruc's karate kick late tackle on Dargo, fortunate not to see a red card methinks:thumbd:

Was a very poor performance in the first half this afternoon, Aberdeen certainly gave as good as they got, and probably deserved more than a draw at half time. Without Miller and Davis we just didn't seem to get off to the races. Much better in second half, although the Dons did have an effort cleared of the line by Mendes. Just grateful we managed to get ahead and stay in touch at the top.

TheBlackLodge
24-11-2008, 06:53 AM
I was indeed referring to the laughable decision to only give Boruc a yellow card for his assault on Dargo. If it was the St Mirren GK who had done that you can be sure he would have been sent off immediately. Absolute farce.......

But yes, a decent result for us. Potentially tough game next week.

TheBlackLodge
25-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Now, while I am normally more concerned about Scottish teams doing well in Europe than about having a laugh at Celtics expense I am going to take great delight in that result tonight. It's also good to see that Strachan has let himself and his team down once again with his antics......

Rossco
25-11-2008, 08:41 PM
AALLBORRGGG!!! :lol:

Amazing, so many Celtic fans were yapping on as usual all week saying they'll win and I just quietly said "2-1 Aalborg" to all of them and look what happens. Love it.

Big Al
25-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Terrible result, Aalborg were crap as well. They could only beat the wee diddy team that put Rangers out 4-0 on aggregate 8)

TheBlackLodge
30-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Aye. Well. We're abit crap aren't we.......

As poor a game as I've seen in a while, amusingly you get Hearts fans and the news papers saying that Hearts were fantastic, brave, resolute etc......No, we were really, REALLY (Aalborg style) bad.............

Armchair Critic
30-11-2008, 07:26 PM
C'mon now TBL we weren't quite Aalborg bad (twas pretty close though).

Hope Big Al's cheered up following the weekends results, looking at his post above I don't think he was too happy on Wed night.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really don't know why Walter persists with Adam and Darchville. Why play Lafferty out on the wing? why not play him through the middle with Novo or Beasley (or both) on the wings? Really missing Davies and Miller.

Was Bougherra's fault for both goals, getting beaten by Berra twice:(, can't really point the finger tho, it was his first game back and he hasn't done anything else wrong all season. I'm not one of these knee jerk reaction people, but it's going to be difficult to catch up now methinks.

TheBlackLodge
30-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really don't know why Walter persists with Adam and Darchville. Why play Lafferty out on the wing? why not play him through the middle with Novo or Beasley (or both) on the wings? Really missing Davies and Miller.

QFT, it's not rocket science, both myself and my mate said the same thing, play Lafferty in his proper position and use the players that are actually wingers/wide men on the flanks. One thing, Kev Thomson......I'll say it now, biggest loss we could have IMO.

Rossco
07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Yabadabadoo!! :D

Great weekend for us. 7-1 thrashing of Hamilton and Hibs just beat Celtic 2-0. The gap down to 4 points now.

TheBlackLodge
08-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Damn good weekend. To top it off, Boruc made a right front bottom of himself again. Superb !

Thon Aaron lad sounded not bad as well.

Armchair Critic
13-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Gonna be a tough one for us today. Think I'm right in saying that we have only won once up at Tannadice in the last 4 years, that's a worse record than we have at Parkhead!!

Should have got some confidence from last weeks results tho, 7 goals, even against a 10 man Hamilton is still a great result. Of course the Clown fumbling that speculative Hibs effort was just the icing on the cake:)

Aaron played really well TBL, hope Walter gives him another chance soon.

Not too confident about today tbh, can't see Celtic giving too much away against Hearts at home so it is another must win game (they all are now:()

TheBlackLodge
13-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Boydy !!!

TheBlackLodge
13-12-2008, 01:16 PM
You know if Utd could play this way (the way they play against us annoyingly) every week then we'd actually have more than a 2 team league.........

TheBlackLodge
13-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Our away form is killing us.......

Rossco
13-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Was working so only seen the first half, went to the pub at lunch and I thought it was a decent performance first half. The goal was sweeet too. Had a few chances to make it 2-0 and should have taken them really. At least Celtic drew today too.

TheBlackLodge
13-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah, Hearts did us a favour today.

TheBlackLodge
20-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I think we won today........I'm too old to be hungover.......

Armchair Critic
22-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Ha, ha, hangovers just get proportionally worse with age TBL, that's just a fact of life unfortunately.

Good performance on Sat, thought mendes was particularly good and unlucky to hit the bar with a speculative effort from near the half way line. Boydy's overhead kick goal was also pretty decent.

Build up now starts for OF game on 27th.

Armchair Critic
28-12-2008, 08:14 AM
What a bad lot, drop the lot of them that's what I say:thumbd:

TheBlackLodge
30-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Thats me off the sauce forever......

Mofoman
31-12-2008, 03:04 PM
WOOOHHOOOOO CELTIC 1 RANGERS 0.

Now sing along(hokey cokey)

You put the ball in the box
Mcdonald Brings it down
Spins Kirky broadfoot cause he's a clown,
lobs the rangers goalie as he spins around and thats what it's all about.

OH OH HOKEY HOKEY COKEY(MIZUNO)
OH HOKEY OKAY KOKEY
OH hokey hokey kokey,
Rangers Nill Celtic 1!

Bringing us to an interesting point, Doctor's in Glasgow were bemused when on the 27 dec 2008. tens of thousands of Ranger's fans arrived home sick as parrot's.
Doctor's rushed to find the culprit, and released a statement saying the culprit had been identified as Mcdonald's Whopper!! LOL the Banter, oh the banter!!!

Hail!hail!

TheBlackLodge
04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
A huge thank you to Dundee Utd and to Celtic (great collapse), also a nod to Mr Pedro who scored a screamer today. We did what Celtic have done for 70% of this season. Won Ugly. Given our recent away form, and that dire first half performance, that was a game we probably would have drawn any other day.

Still, things need to be addressed there. Perhaps a case of too many cooks.......

Armchair Critic
05-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah, big thanks to Dundee Utd. If only they could play against the other teams the way they play against the Old Firm, they would probably win the league hands down!

As you say TBL, there are certainly issues there and methinks it is the lack of width and playing players out of position, i.e we're plaing 4 centre halves along the back line, a midfielder (Davis) wide right, and strikers out left (Lafferty and Novo). Why won't he play Beasley, Niguez or Burke, even for some of the game?

And what's this I hear about us interested in Lee Wilkie? No harm to the big chap, but no thanks.

TheBlackLodge
06-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Pretty much summed up everything I was going to say.

However I'll also add this....No doubt I'll get heckled for saying this but......If Newcastle did come in with an offer for Barry......I'd take it. Either move Davis in one and start to play wingers on said wings or throw Edu into the mix as a straight replacement.

TheBlackLodge
07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Emm, Aye, that'll work. Sell our top goalscorer.......

beecee
07-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Emm, Aye, that'll work. Sell our top goalscorer.......

:thumbd: if it happens, he's been the top goal scorer since he joined, despite having to sit on the bench for half the time....

buster_broon
07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
rangers are the new woolies

just when Celtic get ?29 million

Armchair Critic
07-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Good job Strachan won't see any of it buster :hmm:

Now I'm a Boyd fan but I don't reckon it's the end of the world if he goes, and I don't think ?4million or whatever it might be is a bad deal. At the end of the day players come and players go and the club rolls on. You never know, if both Boyd and Fergie go (I'm with you TBL on this one, it wouldn't bother me if Fergie is sold) this might just be the catalyst for a youthful injection into the team.

One other thing, I don't think any of this is Smith's fault. All he can be blamed for is not giving youth a chance, and playing Adam.

JB@XL
07-01-2009, 11:06 PM
rangers are the new woolies

just when Celtic get ?29 million

Good job Strachan won't see any of it buster :hmm:

That should keep the dodgy officials well paid for a while.

TheBlackLodge
09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Well then, Gow fails his medical, Boyd says no thanks to Birmingham and it looks like Burke is away on a free.....Interesting times.

JB@XL
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
The way things are going Gow will be a first team choice at Rangers.

Maybe another player will need to be sold instead.

TheBlackLodge
10-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Thats pretty much what Walter said, if Boyd doesn't go then it'll have to be someone else.

Anyone want to start taking bets on whom ?

TheBlackLodge
14-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Well, that was hard work last night....

Armchair Critic
14-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah, for us watchin' it you mean.

Bit off sorts weren't we? Highlight (if you could call it that) was Naismith coming into the team and playing rather well.

Poor from most of the players, but I thought Fergie was especially awful.

MacGregor pulled out a couple of good saves again, after his disappointing start to the season, in the past couple of games he looks either to have upped his game or is now fully fit.

TheBlackLodge
15-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Agreed with the Shagger comment, looking more like his old self.

With that performance Fergie knocked atleast £1m off the asking price and Boyd.......He'll go for 2 packets of monster munch and a curlie wurlie now I'd imagine after that ;) Even Mendes and Davis looked out of it. Papac was as shoogly as an MFI wardrobe in the first half and Weir looked his age at times.

Still, job done.

TheBlackLodge
17-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Fleck is starting today, I hope it's the first of many.

TheBlackLodge
17-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Ah F*ck...........

TheBlackLodge
17-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Well, lets not sell Boydy eh ? Oh and lets make sure Fleck starts every game from here on in. Also, Weir........past it. However given the prospect of Captain Kirk replacing him.......I'll stick with Weir thanks.

Armchair Critic
18-01-2009, 07:25 PM
See absolutely no reason why Fleck can't start the majority of games left. Didn't go yesterday as I was away for the weekend, but heard good reports about him and apparently he got man of the match.

With Celtic losing today, the league race suddenly got a bit more exciting. I fear however if we sell Boyd then we'll start dropping points all over the shop.

Next 3 games will be massive for us - away to Aberdeen, we haven't won at Pittodrie in a while and Jimmy's got them playing well (6 consecutive wins at home I think). Home to Dundee United, our bogey team at the moment, and then away to Celtic (a repeat of the last time we played there please :))

Interesting but tricky times ahead.

TheBlackLodge
01-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Great result yesterday.

Armchair Critic
01-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Brilliant result I thought TBL, considering our recent form against Utd and how well they're playing, I thought we'd get a draw at best.

Fleck looked excellent again and took his penalty well. Weir in the first half looked a liability and about as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit. Good job he had Bougherra beside him who was immense.

Transfer window closes at 5.00pm tomorrow and I hope we don't lose anybody, although I fully expect someone to go. We totally need all our better players for the run in, if it's anyone, I hope it's Fergie to Newcastle.

TheBlackLodge
02-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Good to see we knocked back an offer for Mendes.

Armchair Critic
15-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, another Old Firm game has come and gone, wasn't the best one I've seen either, hardly any shots on goal at all. Reckon it was a fair result tbh, Celtic better first half but we were better second.

Tell you what though, so glad that Nakamura free kick didn't go in at the end 'cause that was never, ever a foul. Yet another dive.

TheBlackLodge
16-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Dire game. A dive you say ?

/Faints from shock ;)

Edit: Oh and nice job from the ref denying us a stone waller. Coward.......Or is he just incompetant ?

buster_broon
16-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Edit: Oh and nice job from the ref denying us a stone waller. Coward.......Or is he just incompetant ?

stone waller you say

/faints from shock

TheBlackLodge
17-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Well, when even your players are admitting it was a foul then that seems straightforward enough to me. ;)

TheBlackLodge
21-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Good result today, and very good to see the Boyd and Miller partnership back in action.

We do like to do things the hardway though don't we ?

TheBlackLodge
22-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Keep Believing.

Armchair Critic
22-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Kept believing TBL and it paid off, back to the top (even if it is on goal difference) for the first time since last Oct.

Was just expecting Killie's first goal yesterday, after blowing chances against Aberdeen and Celtic to go top I knew we would do the usual and make things difficult for ourselves. As you say though, really good to see Boyd and Miller up front, still think if we played them last Sun we would be three clear.

TheBlackLodge
28-02-2009, 01:09 PM
What the hell was that challenge all about ? Frelling disgrace.....A yellow ! Nae wonder our game is considered a joke.

TheBlackLodge
28-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Gonna be a cricket score for the young boy rapists methinks......

Armchair Critic
01-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Good result for us on Sat I think. Everyone knows Accies have been playing really well, in form team in SPL and all that, and going to their home and dominating the game was more than I was expecting.

Pity about the score over in the East end tho'. Still, 4 goals in it and it's ours to lose, 11 games and counting.

buster_broon
04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Pity about the score over in the East end tho'. Still, 4 goals in it and it's ours to lose, 11 games and counting.

yeah never a truer sentence mentioned

i'm in England at present, how did the penalty come around and was it justified

TheBlackLodge
05-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Haven't seen it mate, I'm currently in denial about the whole thing. I reckon if I stick my fingers in my ears and shout loudly enough then it'll never have happened......

Armchair Critic
05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Ha, ha, I'm in denial too. It was absolutely terrible, team totally let the fans down, it was a case of if we turn up we'll win.

Absolute stonewaller Buster.

TheBlackLodge
07-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Yay ! Another competition that's ours to throw away !

buster_broon
07-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Yay ! Another competition that's ours to throw away !

what i dont understand is how the league is yours to throw away, considering Celtic were around 7 points clear at one point

so i guess they threw away the league

TheBlackLodge
08-03-2009, 07:37 AM
You did btw, just as we did early doors. Odd league, but fun league, none of us are what we used to be.

buster_broon
08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
You did btw, just as we did early doors. Odd league, but fun league, none of us are what we used to be.

either the lack of money is making us worse or the rest of the league is catching up

its not been quite right for a number of years

TheBlackLodge
08-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Aye....It's not just money, if it was that simple....I am actually looking forward to a gers team with 11 players and 9 kids. Soon.......

buster_broon
08-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Since this is the Rangers thread i'm going to out somebody who believes they love the Gers

When Rangers do well and Celtic lose i generally get a text about catholics or the Pope and how bad Celtic are (even though i'm Protestant)

to which i admit i bite and then send some stuff back about Rangers legends etc etc

and to add when Celtic do well and Rangers dont i actually didnt try to wind this person up until recently when of course you lost to Caley Thistle

So yesterday i was getting pestered because Celtic lost St Mirren and with todays result i get another text telling me they are going to thump St Mirren

but his text was 5 nil to the boys in blue, to which i pounced on and its been a good night with some quality texts, he even admitting to watching the game but just didnt have a dan doo about the score

his comment back was Tommy Burns lol

but just to out Big Seany for being the most fake Rangers fan in the world and to pass on some knowledge

the stadium - Ibrox (Castle Greyskull)
http://ayeready.com/ibrox/images/ibrox.jpg

the mascot - Broxi bear (hoopy would have him in a fight)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/2342712791_71dba2c7c5_o.jpg

Rangers legend - Skeletor (GHEY)
http://thetempest.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/skeletor.jpg

So Sean is a massive plastic Hun

Just to clear this up - sean loves Rangers just as much as i love Man Digestives (in joke)

now back on topic

Armchair Critic
09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
TBL, is that you on the far right in the broxi bear pic?

thetrooper
15-03-2009, 06:45 PM
I wonder why this thread is quiet today?:rolleyes:

TheBlackLodge
16-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Well, firstly well done to Celtic.

Secondly, what the heck were we all about ? I'm getting a bit sick of the 451 "lets not loose this" rather than 442 "lets win this" mentality whenever we play Celtic. As for subbing McCulloch for Daily.....What a message that sent.

MisterBubbles
16-03-2009, 09:48 AM
well thats was wattys tactics all last season plus Kyle Lafferty Edu and other signings aint worked , i dont say this lightly but watty must go , get big Butcher or Craig Levein , too much negative football with watty and no Fleck and Boyd on bench , Mendes just back from injury but asked to play 120 minutes look knackered after 90 school boy management

Armchair Critic
16-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Thought it was pretty even yesterday tbh, both teams are as bad as each other. I turned round to my mate sitting next to me at half time and said that the next goal was the winner. Even with 45 mins to go 1 goal was always going to be enough to win it.

I think you could be right Lizard King, this isn't a knee jerk reaction to a cup final defeat, but I reckon Walter has taken us as far as he is going to. He was brought in to steady the ship after le Guen and he did that really well signing players like Weir, McCulloch, et al who did a marvelous job at the time, but they're not going to move us on any.

By the way, have you seen how le Guen is getting on in Paris? He's taken them from a near relegation team to 3rd place in Ligue 1, 1 point from the top. If only the fans had given him a chance:(

TBL, don't know if you saw it but McCulloch got injured and signalled to the bench that he had to come off. Even Walter wouldn't play Dailly if he had a choice (I would like to think).

TheBlackLodge
17-03-2009, 06:39 AM
I appreciate that McC was injured but I didn't really see the point in starting with him in the first place, nor the point of bringing a guy such as Daily on, that has really only played reserve football to boot, into that stage of a cup final when it was there to be won. I personally would have gone with Edu. He can do the holding role and offers more in an attacking sense. Granted there is the whole 'experience' angle (indeed my best mate tried to justify the change with that) but the guy couldn't have done any worse IMO.

TheBlackLodge
21-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Well, that's us doing our best to hand the title to Celtic......

MisterBubbles
22-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Well 2-0 up at ibrox and still playing 4 5 1 so id says bad tactics again its well over now and watty should fall on his sword soon let whoever try and rebuild cause this squad aint going nowhere

bingo83
22-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Can any of the rangers fans here tell me what happened to Andrius Velicka?

Seems to have fallen of the planet.

TheBlackLodge
22-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Thats a very good question. Always thought he was a decent player when he was at Hearts......

Armchair Critic
23-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Doesn't seem like either OF team wants to win the league this year.

Must say though, for the first half against Hearts that was the best football we've played in a long time. Pressing Hearts all over the pitch and not giving them any time on the ball. Fergie was playing really well, pity same couldn't be said about Mendes, thought he was pretty anonymous:(

Velicka isn't even getting a game for the reserves now. No idea why, in his first competitive game he scored against the Bairns and I thought he looked not bad. He's got a decent scoring record in the SPL too :confused:

TheBlackLodge
03-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, I have to say that was an idiotic thing for both Ferguson and McGregor to do (both incidents) and that the club has acted in the proper manner. Even if it is to our detriment in the long run.

Baseley09
03-04-2009, 04:59 PM
At least neither of them will ever get injured again on international duty, ahem.

RobRoy
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
total overreaction tbh

Number45
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I was thinking the same. But then I'm English so perhaps I've become desensitised to this kind of behaviour from footballers over recent years.

VR46
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Serves 'em right in my book, acting like a pair of teenagers, not read every detail about it, but guess it was all pre-medicated and not sput of the moment stuff?

Baseley09
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
....but guess it was all pre-medicated and not sput of the moment stuff?

Are you saying these 2 are drug takers also, silly boys!

VR46
03-04-2009, 09:34 PM
You missed the opportunity comment on "sput" also.

That'll teach me not to post while eating a bag of crisps.

bingo83
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Screams of hypocrasy from the Rangers management. Not so long ago you had a player who drank before games, beat their wife and defacated in the team bath, he was a loveable rogue. Ferguson and McGregor have been hung out to dry for a minor and childish offence and all it looks like is Rangers wanting to save 2 weeks wages for the pair.

Nu-Eclipse
04-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Screams of hypocrasy from the Rangers management. Not so long ago you had a player who drank before games, beat their wife and defacated in the team bath, he was a loveable rogue.

His name...Duncan Ferguson?

Kubrick
04-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Nope, I believe bingo83 meant this man...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/football_paul_gascoigne0s_career_in_pictures/img/8.jpg

TheBlackLodge
04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Ah Gazza......

Different times I guess.

These idiots did this while representing their country. Not to mention one of them was supposed to be the captain for said country. I for one fully support the actions of the club in this matter.

Moving on......Thomson for captain next season ?

Nu-Eclipse
04-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Nope, I believe bingo83 meant this man...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/football_paul_gascoigne0s_career_in_pictures/img/8.jpg

Fair do's...the Rangers link threw me, but I guess it should've been obvious.

buster_broon
04-04-2009, 10:18 AM
this is all smoke and mirrors by Walter

Ferguson fair enough - the guy is a ballbag

but your keeper, nah

Macgregor has been the best keeper Rangers have had since Fatty goram

if he is on the transfer list then is going to be for crazy money, which means he might not sell

garrz32
04-04-2009, 12:52 PM
These idiots did this while representing their country. Not to mention one of them was supposed to be the captain for said country. I for one fully support the actions of the club in this matter.

Well said...playing for your country should be a Honour/Privilege,not a given right just because of who you are/team you play for.

I applaud Smith for showing some balls,scottish football is **** and needs all the help it can get.What kind of message does it send out when these two twats are given us the finger when there's a crucial qualifier game taking place.

Also think Burley has a lot to answer to,if he wasn't playing them in the Iceland game why did he let them sit on in the game??

TheBlackLodge
05-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Also think Burley has a lot to answer to,if he wasn't playing them in the Iceland game why did he let them sit on in the game??

Agreed, I don't want to detract in anyway from what Dumb and Dumber did but you have to wonder what Burley was playing at. It's called bottle and from what I've heard he has an affinity with said item so it shouldn't be that lacking ;)

Edit: Bang on about the honour/priviledge thing. Some people have seemingly missed the point that they were essentially giving us, the Scottish supporters, the finger when they did that.

There's the thing. Makes you wonder doesn't it. Yes PLG bought some numpties, but, in a funny, weird, odd way it would be interesting to see how things would have been if he had been given the level of support that Smith has obviously had.........

garrz32
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
It's called bottle and from what I've heard he has an affinity with said item so it shouldn't be that lacking ;)

lol......:):w00t: oh by the way am not a Rangers fan.

I'll go and get my coat.....

TheBlackLodge
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Again, moving on.......No Shagger, No Fergie, No Boyd (lets not kide ourselves here eh?).......

Alexander
Whittaker/Magic/Captain Kirk/Papac
Davis/Edu/Mendes/Fleck
Naismith/Lafferty

That work ?

MisterBubbles
05-04-2009, 07:22 PM
nope no chance as neither lafferty or naismith would score 25 goals so far like Boyd

TheBlackLodge
11-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Did I say I thought Boydy would be oot the door ?

Never...... ;)

Lets hope we continue as we have started. Great result by Hearts also.

TheBlackLodge
11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Apparently I may be a jinx...........

VR46
16-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Sounds like Smith is backing down on his "they'll never play for Rangers again" comments ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8001523.stm

buster_broon
16-04-2009, 12:17 PM
this is all smoke and mirrors by Walter

just thought i would quote myself considering i posted that just after he mentioned it

i thank you

MisterBubbles
16-04-2009, 12:38 PM
just in time for the Old Firm game

Armchair Critic
19-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Thought it was a good result today in a potentially difficult tie:). Bit nervy for the last 5 mins tho after they scored their second.

One thing I'm not confident about is going into the title run-in with that midfield:ph34r:. They've done ok so far but don't think they've got what it takes I'm afraid. Can't understand why Walter's playing Smith at left mid.

Armchair Critic
25-04-2009, 08:06 PM
That's Boydy got his 100th Rangers goal today in 112 games, it's some record when you think about it.

Rossco
03-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Was at the game today. zzzzzzzzzz!

How bad is Daily, he is just awful. Gives away possesion, is too lazy to get it back and when he does keep it and manages to make a cross in, its just diabolical anyway!

Wee Lafferty looked good though along with Edu, both show great passion and determination. :)

And at least we won.

MisterBubbles
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
total mince id say
daily mcclouch and fergie ....leave now
must have some younger players better than daily?

Armchair Critic
09-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Well, well, who'd have thought that we'd have come from 7 points behind twice during the season to top the table at this stage.

Good performance today I thought, Celtic had a fair bit of possession but didn't really threaten too much (goal line clearance aside). Thought Miller and Edu had outstanding games (Loovens lash out on Edu was a disgrace :thumbd:) and Mendes was going from box to box was a surprise. Was also impressed by Lafferty when he come on, puddle tackle aside.

Still, as everyone has been saying, there are three tricky games for both teams to go.

Who'd have thought losing our captain and goalie would have transformed our season.

MisterBubbles
09-05-2009, 07:57 PM
yes good performance today but not over remember when Rangers last went top and followed that with a inept performance to Inverness at Ibrox
fergie is finished but Shagger still has a part i think

Armchair Critic
12-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Has anyone seen TheBlackLodge? Not like him not to be on after an OF win.

MisterBubbles
13-05-2009, 08:45 PM
i wouldn't like to say i told you so
but hey i told you so top of the league just to beat 3 teams but no still playing Daily all the good work of the Old Firm game down the tubes now its a lottery who scores most but celtic have +2 already,the players said they had the bottle to win the 3 games i guess they dont whoever wins this league are both duff teams

buster_broon
13-05-2009, 10:04 PM
i guess they dont whoever wins this league are both duff teams

totally agree and now its Celtic who can only throw it away

kinda glad in a way they both have teams that certainly wont lie down and the media wont get in a massive arguement over the Kilmarnock situation* who lets be honest are Rangers 2

Its good for the fans but i lost interest in this season along time ago because they are both pish!!!!!

MisterBubbles
24-05-2009, 04:13 PM
congratulations to the Rangers
not the best squad ever but still good enough to win it

buster_broon
23-08-2009, 10:23 PM
what do you get when its 90 minutes on the clock, the teams are at a stalemate, you have a rangers referee and a legitimate tackle outside the box

don't know, well of course the answer is a penalty to Rangers so they can win

:)

JB@XL
23-08-2009, 10:38 PM
what do you get when its 90 minutes on the clock, the teams are at a stalemate, you have a rangers referee and a legitimate tackle outside the box

don't know, well of course the answer is a penalty to Rangers so they can win

Hehe.............makes a change after the last few seasons.

Kubrick
24-08-2009, 07:23 AM
I must admit, it looked quite an iffy decision but would a "Rangers referee" have sent off Thompson?

I thought it might be a bit early in the season for the paranoid conspiracy theories to come out, but who am I kidding. :)

Never mind, pretty soon you'll have plenty of Tuesday and Wednesday nights free to think up some more. :)

buster_broon
24-08-2009, 08:21 AM
I must admit, it looked quite an iffy decision but would a "Rangers referee" have sent off Thompson?

I thought it might be a bit early in the season for the paranoid conspiracy theories to come out, but who am I kidding. :)

Never mind, pretty soon you'll have plenty of Tuesday and Wednesday nights free to think up some more. :)

:lol: and soon enough you will as well

maybe not even the europa cup to keep you warm during the winter :wub:

we are both pish plain and simple

and for being paranoid and conspiracy theories, most referees are biased towards Rangers and Celtic in Scotland - fact

the decision by the referee yesterday was laughable and i hope he is slaughtered in todays gutter press

beecee
25-08-2009, 10:54 AM
and for being paranoid and conspiracy theories, most referees are biased towards Rangers and Celtic in Scotland - fact

fact eh.....according to who, you?:s

its pressure from the stands, the crowd can influence a ref's decision. the so called 'assistant' referee (well linesmen) do eff all to help.

untill we get the 4th official with tv replays it wont be a level playing field.

till then DEAL WITH IT! :)

buster_broon
25-08-2009, 01:22 PM
fact eh.....according to who, you?:s

its pressure from the stands, the crowd can influence a ref's decision. the so called 'assistant' referee (well linesmen) do eff all to help.

untill we get the 4th official with tv replays it wont be a level playing field.

till then DEAL WITH IT! :)

blah blah blah

beecee
25-08-2009, 02:56 PM
blah blah blah

:ho::censor::ho:

TBL2260
10-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Well, it's been an interesting time for us hasn't it. Great League and Cup double, auto entry into the Champs League group stages.......And then we hit a massive brick wall with the words "£31m debt" written on it.

Even with that though, surely our squad should be good enough to be performing better than we have done in the SPL ? Thank god Celtic are even worse than we are at times.

TBL2260
13-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Boydy anyone ? Interesting to see Fergie do well at Birmingham......

Barla Von
16-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Good win at tannadice last night. Always a hard ground for any team to get a result.

On another note, regarding the £31m debt, people forget that Man U are currently £700 million in debt, Liverpool are £299.5 million in debt, Chelsea are in £736 million debt, followed by Arsenal with over £242m.

Scottish clubs combined have nowhere near such debt (Celtic and Hibernian are virtually debt free) as those clubs above, in an ironic twist, the Old Firm are better off financially than England's top four, if one takes club debt into account.

Edit: Can a mod please change the thread heading to Rangers 09/10 Season!

TBL2260
17-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Beasleys goal was a cracker wasn't it. Some of the play in general was pretty superb to watch. I hope it's a sign of us getting back to a high standard of play.

TBL2260
20-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Bloody hell, we've hit some form !!

Armchair Critic
20-12-2009, 09:41 AM
I know and I missed the game yesterday too :( Got sinusitis and couldn't go.

Difficult games ahead with Hibs, Celtic, and Utd to play over the festive period, but if we can continue our form then no reason why we can't stay top. Mendes and Edu still to come back as well, although may need them sooner rather than later, any news of Thomson's injury yesterday?

MisterBubbles
20-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Rangers site says hes struggling to make Jan 3rd Old Firm game.

TBL2260
20-12-2009, 11:07 AM
You know, as much as I've dissed him, McC has done a very decent job this year. If Thommo doesn't make it then I'm sure McC will do a decent job. I'd prefer to think that Edu will get some game time though.

TBL2260
20-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Believe.

TBL2260
20-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Sauce. Apple. Bitches.

Armchair Critic
20-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Totally agree TBL. The Binman has been pretty good for us so far this year and I would certainly have him in midfield for Jan 3rd game, a bit of presence and tough tackling is what we need in games like that.

Even though I'm still a bit under the weather, the result at Tynecastle earlier on and RATM getting to No 1 certainly have made me feel a tad better:)

TBL2260
27-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Quality. Shame about Beasley but we showed great character to come back from such an early setback and ultimately we took them apart.

Armchair Critic
27-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I thought it was a brilliant performance today:) Just watched it on telly, but when we went 1-0 down after 12 secs I feared the worst but we went on to play some nice footy and what an emphatic comeback.

To score a total of 13 goals against Dundee Utd away, Motherwell at home and then Hibs away is pretty impressive. Since the defeat against Aberdeen we've been on a pretty good roll, here's hoping it continues!

TBL2260
28-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I'd just like to also give some praise to a certain Mr Boyd. He seems to have finally changed his game to a more all round approach and yet still retained that deadliness in front of goal. Here's hoping we keep him and he keeps this kind of form going.

I'm sure the new Scotland Manager must have been watching that yesterday thinking "That's my strikeforce sorted then".

MisterBubbles
30-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Wow 7-1. And well done to Kris Boyd 5 goals and top scorer in SPL with 160 goals.
Now bring on the Celtic.

Armchair Critic
30-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Just in from a freezing Ibrox which was subject to a bit of a blizzard in the first half resulting in the yellow ball being produced for a short while!

When Utd scored to make it 3-1 and Miller got sent off it was a bit of a panic show from Rangers to be honest, Utd missed a sitter and if it had went in, the result, I think, would have been different.

It didn't though, and even down to 10 men we went on to score 4 unanswered goals. Bougherra's was absolutely brilliant.

With Miller and Bougey missing from Sunday's OF game we're missing two of our on-form players. I hope Walter doesn't resort to a 4-5-1 formation, we're on a bit of a roll just now and would like to see us go all out attack at Celtic's weakest link - their defence.

I haven't got a ticket for the game, does anyone know if I can pay-per-view it on the Sky Player on my 360? I've never used the Sky Player thingy before.

MisterBubbles
30-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Theres usually links to watch it on your PC ,Armchair Critic, i watched the 2-1 Rangers V Celtic game that way.

Armchair Critic
30-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah, been doing a bit of digging on the web and it doesn't look like you can purchase individual games. Never mind, as you say MB, looks like i'll need to stream it.

TBL2260
30-12-2009, 11:46 PM
AC: Sky Player thingie works quite nicely IMO.

As for the result, only saw the highlights but what a result. Regardless of all that however, the OF Game is always a different kettle of fish. I'd be happy with a point TBH.

MisterBubbles
31-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Attack Attack Attack that dodgy defence , Boyd and Novo, plus have faith in young Wilson if he plays.

TBL2260
03-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Well then. Firstly, was it a goal ? No. He interfered with the keepers arms, thus it's a foul (same as taking an outfields players legs away), not my rule, theirs. Deal with it.

Secondly, we got battered from first whistle to last. Lafferty should have been off for a terrible challenge on Hinkel, but, thank Mowbray and his tactical genuis for playing the greek sweat stain and the biggest waste of 4M to hit Scottish football since Kyle Lafferty at the expense of a proven striker who would have hassled, harried and pestered that strained back line all day long. Bravo, Monkey Face. Bravo.

Brilliant result for us given the injuries, supsensions and call ups.

buster_broon
03-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Well then. Firstly, was it a goal ? No. He interfered with the keepers arms, thus it's a foul (same as taking an outfields players legs away), not my rule, theirs. Deal with it.

G A R B A G E

you're the first person to say its not a goal - BLINKERED, even the keeper wasnt looking for a foul because he missed the ball - Fortune jumped higher than him

I'm one of Samaras's biggest critics but he destroyed your defence today, with ease he wasnt even trying, all he needs is a better finish constantly and he will be tremendous

macgregor's save was world class however - from the right boot of SAMARAS

Armchair Critic
03-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Well, well, well, Celtic play their best game of the season and totally outplay us for 90 mins, their goal should never have been disallowed, we should have been down to 10 men for a shocking tackle, and yet we still leave with a point. Splendid :thumb:

We were arguably missing 4 first team players today - Bougherra, Thomson, Mendes and Miller and I, for one, am well happy with the result.

Buster, I would be worried if Sameras didn't do ok today against our defence. He was playing against a 40yr old, an inexperienced 18 yr old, a player just a few games back from serious injury (Broadfoot) and another who you could see was still suffering from the flu (Papac).

Sameras is simply not good enough for you, his finishing is woeful. I can think of numerous important chances he's fluffed this half season alone.

TBL2260
04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
G A R B A G E
you're the first person to say its not a goal - BLINKERED, even the keeper wasnt looking for a foul because he missed the ball - Fortune jumped higher than him

Horse Bollocks.

Watch the replay, he caught McGs arm as McG is catching the ball, his arm goes across McGs thus preventing the GK from making a fair attempt to catch it. I don't agree with it in general (didn't I say as much? ) but those are the rules. You know you can't touch the keeper. End of.

As for being blinkered. Of course I am. Hence my admittance that you bossed us, Laff should have been off etc etc........

What I find most revealing is that an almost full strength Tic side put in their performance of the season and still don't beat an understrength Gers side that played terribly on the day.

I can live with that. Be interesting to see how many players both sides of the OF loose in Jan. If McGeady and Boyd are still around I'll stunned.

On a side note, I never knew birds played darts............

Armchair Critic
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I've just watched the highlights of the OF game on the BBC website and I've changed my mind re the Fortune 'goal'. I now think it was indeed a foul. What I didn't see yesterday was Fortune's arm knocking McGregor's arm and pushing it out the way preventing the keeper from making the catch

A bit harsh? yes, but still a foul.

MisterBubbles
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
So we got battered from the 1st minute, Watty must of had a get out of jail card, but why didn't we attack the dodgiest defence in the SPL? Boyd will stay , Boughy will be off , and that kid on Irishman for the Tic will go for 6 million, but we'll still win the league, cause i dont think Celtic will get any decent defenders for much dosh.

TBL2260
10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, if anything that game provided two gems. Charlie take a bow mate as those have to be the 2 worst pen decisions I've seen in a while. However, I can't grumble too much as we were rotten.

Hopefully Boyd and Davis aren't too serious. One good thing though, Little seems a decent player.

I tell you one thing though, if anyone offered anything at all for Lafferty I'd snap their hand off.........

Armchair Critic
16-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Just finished watching the game and boy, was that a narrow escape. Without Boyd, Miller and Bougey we were lucky to scrape a win. Still, everyone says these are the types of game you need to win if you've any chance of winning the league.

Lafferty was hopeless (again) but I thought Davis and Papac were excellent. Wilson also had another good game at CB.

TBL2260
16-01-2010, 10:48 PM
We were arse. However, thank you Tony. Thank you very very much :)

TBL2260
17-01-2010, 12:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00q0717/Your_Call_with_Jim_Traynor_16_01_2010/

40 mins in. Words can't describe just how funny it really is.

Armchair Critic
19-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Priceless, it's all the Establishment's fault!! :w00t:

What a trumpet, I think he actually believes it too.

TBL2260
05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Ok then, not as bad a January as it could and should have been. We have a fight on our hands though.

Hibs are a damn good team after all ;)

Barla Von
08-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Can't believe the otherside are paying Keane £65K a week? That's an absurd amount to pay any footballer for playing in the SPL.

The SPL is bankrupt, yet team green are prepared to pay £1.5 million to Keane until the end of the season.

It's a waste of bread for Celtic, to be honest, as i cannot see Rangers losing a ten point lead. Plus Hibs & Dundee Utd are breathing down Celtic's neck.

TBL2260
08-02-2010, 07:48 PM
It's nothing more than an obvious ploy to get people back into Darkheid. The attendances have been falling for a while now.

Given their best players are the 4 loan players, they HAVE to win the league to get the CL money. Otherwise said players won't be here next season and Mowbrays "building for the future" crap will be just that.

Mind you, we're pretty frelled regardless.......

Barla Von
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM
If Hibs or Dundee Utd get second place then Mowbray will be sacked, thus bringing Celtic back full circle where they were when this season started...

TBL2260
09-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Can I drunkingly sing thon Lion King song then ??

Hard game tomorrow, the OAP and Knox have them fired up........

Armchair Critic
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Really tough game tomorrow and I'm fearing at least a couple of points dropped. We never do well at Fir Park, think last time we were there McGregor saved a penalty for us to scrape a draw.

If we lose points tomorrow and then against Hibs on Sun, I reckon we could be in a bit of bother.

TBL2260
15-02-2010, 11:15 AM
/Doing the happy dance

MisterBubbles
15-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Great result yesterday put those Hibees in their place, if we can just win this next OF game i think they can order the champagne, a draw at least would still be a good result and as said the last OF game, lets attack this dodgy defence.

Armchair Critic
15-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Was a great performance yesterday, Thomson and McCulloch in the centre of midfield were excellent, in fact I was say it was Thomson's best game since he returned from injury (not before time I might add).

If we win the OF game on the 28th, then I reckon we can relax a bit as I'm not convinced it's all over quite yet. Although we've only lost 1 game all season, all it takes is a defeat in each of the remaining OF games reducing the points to 4 and then the pressure would really come on. With difficult trips to Pittodrie, Tannadice, Fir Park etc to come who knows.

Maybe I'm being a bit on the cautious side, I saw a stat today which surprised me, I didn't realise we haven't lost more than 1 goal in any game this season. Quite impressive.

TBL2260
28-02-2010, 02:30 PM
I am so drunk it's not funny.

Sportsound is funny as frell.

Hey Celtic, you made this possible. Thank you. THANK FRELLING YOU, easiest OF win in a long long time. Scott Browns sending ? Technically might be right, but honestly, a joke. Yet YOU raised the ref issue. Brilliant.

I love this !!!!

TBL2260
28-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Funny stuff.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8537948.stm

Aim higher ya c*nt nugget.

Funny stuff:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47389000/jpg/_47389956_brownpai466.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47389000/jpg/_47389954_brownlafferty_snsb466.jpg

Oh, as for sporting integretity........Kamara your a c*nt.

I imagine that'll be glossed over as well.

TBL2260
28-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Amusingly, said sending off (can I have my stonewaller for Edu now please ?) will deflect everything away from the fact that honestly, Celtic were gash. As I said previously, easiest OF win in a long time.

Armchair Critic
28-02-2010, 06:31 PM
First things first, was really disappointed with the 20 or so Celtic 'fans' who were shouting out during the minutes silence before the match for ex Ger Gerhardt Neef who passed away recently following illness.:thumbd:

Anyway, I really enjoyed the game today, wasn't brilliant football, but the atmosphere was brilliant. I have to say the Celtic streamer show as the teams were coming out was quite impressive.

Rangers deserved the win imo, pretty even first half, but we were on top in the second, even before the sending off (which i never saw from my seat). Keane was rubbish, Samaras caused more problems in the 15 mins after he come on than Keane did the whole game. Also saw Kamara for the first time and I haven't seen such a bad sportsman/cheat in a long time.

Totally delighted with result and will have a few beers tonight to celebrate. Won't have half the hangover of TBL tho.

TBL2260
01-03-2010, 06:49 AM
I am seriously never drinking again.........

MisterBubbles
01-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Mowbray MUST stay :)

TBL2260
06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Mon The Gers !!

TBL2260
21-03-2010, 03:58 PM
YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down to 9 men, What a Frelling result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MisterBubbles
21-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Brilliant result , though the gers were pretty poor today and St. Mirren were better than us for most of the game , but we showed grit and determination to win, but need to play better than this on wednesday against Utd or the treble will be gone for sure, not saying we will win the treble , but as Dale says , you gotta be into to win it.

TBL2260
21-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Agreed. We were......Old lady vagina flaps at times, but.......We can be better. I hope. I pray......(to alanis)

MisterBubbles
21-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Kevin Thomson is turning into the new Terry Hurlock :thumb::rolleyes:

Armchair Critic
23-03-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't think I've cheered so much for a goal in the Diddy Cup final in a long time.:)

I reckon the Establishment helped us out again though. Big Davie Weir had a word with the ref 'cause we were playing gash with eleven men. The ref sends off two of our players (like Davie asked him too) and voila, we win the game.

Agree with MisterBubbles, if we play like that tomorrow night it's bye bye to the treble. TBH I think we'll be put out tomorrow night anyways, just got one of those feelings.:(

Armchair Critic
25-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Disappointed with last nights team selection more than anything else. Why weren't Boyd/Miller/Novo on from the start? I'm not convinced about saving them for the league, we could play the young boys in the league and still probably win it at a canter. It was a great opportunity for the treble which is now gone.:(

Well done Utd though, they were by far the better team last night.

Even Celtic's humiliation against St Mirren isn't any consolation.

MisterBubbles
25-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Oh yes it is:thumb:
Watty wants the championship more than anything, plus there thinking of the cash to help the club out. Shows the younger lads still have much to learn as their decision making last night was rubbish , Fleck and Little . But yes congratulations to Utd who wanted it more, biggest mistake was taking off Boyd in the earlier game at 3-1.

TBL2260
27-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes folks it's THAT time again.......TBLs drunken pish rants.....

Was at the game today (thank you IBM !!!), 1st half......not great but, neither were they, lots of possession with hewhaw to show for it. 2nd half.....cake walk.

As for the cup......I'll take 20M anyday thank you. And them.........Sad to see Agent Mowbray go, the Establishment will take some time to replace him properly......

Armchair Critic
25-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Glasgow Rangers Champions!!!

Skull Commander
25-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Glasgow Rangers Champions!!!

....of Scotland, AKA least smelly turd in the toilet.

MisterBubbles
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Ok we werent at our best tonight but they got lucky , plus the ref was shocking , and is McGeady, Jack Cousteau's nephew , as he's just as many dives as him, and got McCulloch sent off by diving , not the 1st time either, hang your head in shame, cheat.

TBL2260
24-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Time for a new thread?

Should I take the smile off my face?

Lots to talk about......

MisterBubbles
24-10-2010, 04:23 PM
1-0 down at half time , to the Tic's only chance and shot on goal , 3-1 winners :thumb: at fulltime, ok ready to sing.
That's why we're Champions

Armchair Critic
24-10-2010, 07:59 PM
That is indeed why we're Champions.

First things first, never a penalty, good job it had no bearing on the result. I can't remember the last time we went to Parkhead and Celtic were as toothless as they were today. They had absolutely nobody in midfield that could put it about and put in a tackle.

Talking of tackles, Stokes should have been off in the first minute, I hope Papac is ok.

Great result from a usually difficult place to to go, looking forward to work tomorrow:).

By the way, only Lafferty would have the vision to put the ball in off Loovens.