Rangers 08/09 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangers 08/09 Season Thread

Well then, Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round 1st Leg.

It's been pretty dire thus far..........

Well, unless some quality signings are made I think it might be a very long season......

Comment

Think you could be right about the long season TBL, just one competitive match gone against Kaunas and the next game is a must win one already.

Walter really does need to sign an creative midfielder, especially with Fergie out for 4 months. He has been quoted in the press saying as much, but with the limited funds we have it's going to be tricky getting a half decent one.

The gulf between the SPL and EPL was blatent at Ibrox yesterday, totally outplayed by a decent looking Liverpool team, but when the opposition strike force cost in the region of ?45 million I suppose it's no wonder. A cheeky banner made by the 'Pool fans made me laugh however, it said "Thank you Rangers for your efforts in destroying Manchester".

Fingers crossed for Tue night, think it's going to be another nervy occasion.

Comment

Where do you start.........

Comment

ouch, that's a result to try and forget.

Comment

och why doesnt html size make the smilies bigger

Comment

LOL Oh C'mon man, there's no need for that. You don't support support Celtic by any chance, do you?

No other cities in Europe are gonna get trashed by Rangers fans this season then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                LOL Oh C'mon man, there's no need for that. You don't support support Celtic by any chance, do you?
                maybe.....

waits for the Roscco rage, unless Man Utd are doing something

Comment

Well, we all knew that was coming.........

Season pretty much over with then.

Comment

****in ****e that game was last week by the way. And our 1-0 Falkirk win wasn't too tasty either. And with Cueller on the way out, things are not looking rosy.

Comment

It's not all doom and gloom Rangers fans! You are the second best team in the world after all

Comment

Do any other Gers fans think that after the disaster that was Kaunas and the selling of King Carlos to Villa that things are looking a bit better for this season?

Mendes had an assured debut on Saturday, his passing was good and looked every inch the midfielder we have desperately needed. With the signing of Edu (pending work permit on Fri) and either Bresciano or Davis (more likely) our midfield looks quite strong.

Plenty of options up front now as well (I have to say, and I know other fans would disagree with me on this one, but I would play Boyd up front every game) Also hope Aaron the Valencia player we've got on loan has a first team game soon, although I doubt he will he'd better not end up like another Gow.

Two right tricky games coming up with Aberdeen at Pittodrie and then Celtic at Parkhead, if we can safely navigate those ties then things really will be looking up I reckon.

Comment

How has young Lafferty settled in? Noticed he scored your opener at the weekend. Played most of last season out of position on the left wing for us last season, but I imagine if he gets a decent run up the middle he will score plenty for you.

Comment

I think he's settled in great. Walter has played him pretty much like Coyle did, out on the wing, but he seems to be doing well out there. He set up our goal against Falkirk and also scored against Hearts at the weekend. He also does a power of work up and down the wing and tracks right back to the corner flag to defend, I've been impressed with him so far.

Shame the Clarets missed out on Alan Gow in the part exchange offer (think it was personal terms wasn't it?). Although he hasn't really featured for us, the season before last he was outstanding for Falkirk and it's no wonder Rangers signed him. I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, a really good young player with bags of skill but Walter stuck with the big guys and he never got a chance. He would have been good for you I reckon.

Comment

Refs want a payrise.

LOL............

Comment

Working...
                              X