Rare Atari 2600 Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Atari 2600 Games?

My local second hand store has a bunch of Atari 2600 carts for sale. I think they want anything from $3-5 bucks (AUD) per cart, and I was wondering if there were any rare carts that might be worth picking up.

Youre probably best checking the rarity guide on AtariAge. It covers PAL games too
    There are quite a few here im not familiar with thou...

Just avoid 'Combat' if youre looking for rares

Comment

Centipede is a right rare-un

Comment

There's nothing that rare there, though you could pick up the HES, Absolute and pirate carts to sell on for a bit more... and maybe China Syndrome.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Well thinking about it, the ones from my experience, which are standing out as at least being uncommon ones are:

4 Games in One (All R? according to AA)
          China Syndrome (R5 according to AA)

However in my eyes im guessing pretty much all of these will be unplayable/a chore to play!
          And i know im gonna get the 2600 fan boys in a mood here, but I just cant understand the love for this system! The gameplay (not including activision releases) is tiresome with minimal features. The graphics are plain terrible and headache creators. You can argue that it was the year 19XX, but look at the C64 and ZX Spec at the time!

I guess its just not for me!
          Last edited by Cauterize; 15-08-2008, 14:25.

Comment

While not a fanboy of the system I can understand its minimalist appeal. Personally I'd sooner have a Vectrex though.

Comment

Working...
            X