Pirate or HK PAL version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirate or HK PAL version?

What do you guys think on the Sonic 3 in the photo?

It looks legit to me.

Comment

That is the legit Asian PAL Sonic 3

Not a bad price on that bundle if you ask me!

Comment

Yeah, deffo legit - that's the one I've got.

Comment

K thanks. Are Asian PAL games worth collecting?

Comment

If you mean 'are they worth any more' then the answer is no. They almost always go for less than the Japanese releases of the same title, often go for only a few quid.

If you mean 'are they worth collecting for the novelty value', then it just like anything else you might collect .. if it interests you, then hell yeah! If it doesn't, then no not at all ...

It's certainly a relatively unexplored niche, so you could probably have a fairly unique collection if you decided to gather all the Asian import MD games you could find. Can sometimes be tricky telling where the borderline between "Asian PAL / NTSC" release and "HK pirate" lies though, which makes any kind of structured collecting of these games a little tricky.

Comment

Plus sometimes the "ASIAN" version can just be the Japanese version with an Asian Version sticker on the front. Not really worth bothering with IMO.

Yakumo

Comment

Yakumo is right. However the select handful that have been totally rebranded are a nice addition to a collection imo.
                The Mega Bomberman one is nice with a Green spine and metallic Mega Drive text.
                Have a look at some of them here:
                http://www.guardiana.net
                Do an advanced search for Asia games

Comment

Working...
                X