Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Is this the only geek forum in the world without a topic for this film?! Just goes to show that the interest is at about a zero! I'm going to see it today - but only because its free!!

Anyone catch it yesterday?

I'm looking to catch it later but is there anything different between this and the Cartoon Network version apart from it being CG and consolidated into a movie?

Comment

Not going to bother with this as it's just as crap as the other 6 Star Wars films apparently.

Pretty much would have been straight to the bargain bins in Woolies without the Star Wars branding. What's really worrying that Lucas has set up a new studio to produce this so it's unlikely that this will be the last thing they produce.

Comment

I saw it tonight.

It was Okay, and that's just about it. It does not really add anything to the main story line, or answer any questions raised by other movies.

It was a bit of mindless fun, lots and lots of battles are present in the movie.

Not the worst movie I have seen, but certainly not the greatest.

Comment

Is it a Blu ray buy or wait for 5 pounds DVD release.

Comment

I was up for this until my favourite review site gave it 2/5:

Make no mistake, Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a cartoon, not an animated movie. Originally conceived of as a television show, Lucas decided to take one of their made for TV tales and turn it into a feature film as a way of introducing the still impending animated television series. It plays out exactly like what it is, a TV show which someone stretched out over a bigger screen.

Not worth the £7+ cinema venture now.

Comment

It was a bit crap. Saturday Morning kids TV at its most average! Some of the cute names they called each other were embarrassing, too - Stinky, Skyguy etc.

The worst thing is that the cinema had about 10 other adults in, so the film has completely missed its core audience too. This was on a Saturday afternoon, no less!

Avoid.

Comment

Despite once being a massive Star Wars fan, I don't want to see this at all, even on an Orange Wednesday. What's with the 'Super Bombad' visuals, too?

Comment

The animation is basic and crap, BUT some of the backgrounds were nice - they were pretty much oil painted skies. There, I said something nice about the film! It is just 4 episodes of the new Clone Wars cartoon stuck together, but the least they could have done is up the ante of the quality of the animation for a theatrical release. Easy money for Lucas.

Comment

I think the fact that Christopher Lee returned to voice Dooku was probably the film's only real high point in my eyes - if they'd gotton one of his quite frankly embarassing sound alikes to voice the character then the film would be completely beyond redemption - an american attempting to pull off a british accent VERY rarely works.

I'm glad Hayden didn't make a return to his character as he was one of the worst things about the last 3 movies - not surprised Ewan didn't return either, he didn't enjoy working on the prequels apparently.

The way the film was animated too, as most have said, was pretty damn shocking for a big screen movie - reminded me of that **** game clayfighters on the n64.

The story was lame too, too much fighting - not enough variation.

Comment

So how on earth did they manage to screw this up given just how good the last Clone Wars cartoons were?

Comment

Has anybody watched series 1 and is going to tune in for series 2 on Cartoon Network on october 2?

Comment

I probably will watch the second season, i actually quite liked the first, although i've never seen the clone wars movie. It was a bit of a grower for me, and even though some episodes were lame, there were enough good ones, or interesting stuff to keep me watching.

Comment

Working...
                          X