Retrogames.com.au "Market Value"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrogames.com.au "Market Value"

OK here is the deal, I have been dealing with the Australia retrogames site for a while now, and most of the time it has been pretty smooth with only a couple of kinks every now and again.

However the site owner, Nick, recently posted a new link on the site called "RARE GAMES Market Prices"

It bascially works like this:
    The site shows the "market value" of a bunch of rare games, users can email Nick and say they would like to Buy a game on that list for that market price, or they have a game they would like to sell at that market price.

Good in theory but here is a problem we seem to have now.
    I have been trying to figure out where he came up with the "market value" prices for the games, and I have also been trying to explain that I personally think the prices are ummm...

This website is for sale! retrogames.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, retrogames.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Here is the Link to the to the market value pages for the games

This website is for sale! retrogames.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, retrogames.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Here is the thread trying to explain that the prices are too high.

What I am asking is if some people could just take a look at the prices and give some comments about if the prices are too high, low, just right etc.

Oh and the Prices are in AUD, so $1 AUD = 0.50 pounds.

His pricing for SoTN is a bit pricey, even complete that game shouldn't be worth more than 75quid. (And even 75quid is a bit much!)

It's always on eBay UK as well.

Comment

Someone wants to buy a copy of Shenmue 2 for $125. Wish i could find mine. Just seen a mint 1+ 2 go for £30 inc shipping. £25 seems to be the norm.
      Last edited by Cubeboy; 17-08-2008, 16:09.

Comment

Those prices are just ridiculous, and judging by the thread, you showed him :P

Comment

Powerstone 2 pal is £55? sigh.....

Comment

If those prices were anywhere near accurate I'm sitting on a goldmine with my DC, Saturn and PS1 stuff. Sadly I know most seem to have been plucked out randomly.

Comment

Interesting. Some of those seem roughly right, if towards the high side. Others seem completely off the wall (Castlevania TNG for PAL MD, for example).

I presume that the way it works is that the guy running the site takes a cut of whatever deal gets arranged there?

Personally, although I would happily sell a number of my games for those prices, even if I had to pay a percentage of it to someone else, I doubt I'll be doing so on that site. I tried dealing with him years ago, and it was a complete farce. I emailed about a bunch of stuff he had on his site, and first of all he replied that about half of them were 'not in stock'. I then confirmed I would like to buy the ones that were - and he never bothered to get back to me. I sent several follow up emails but got no reply whatsoever.

If anyone manages to actually make a sale/purchase through that site, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
                Powerstone 2 pal is £55? sigh.....
                I picked that up for a friend for a few quid a couple of months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
                  I picked that up for a friend for a few quid a couple of months ago.

Lol I wish I was more clued up when I had half of these games, I think most of my collection consisted of the more obscure titles....

Comment

LMAO those prices are waaay out! Seen the PAL PS1 and DC prices?!? Most of those games go for £2 in Lamestation FFS!!

Comment

Working...
                    X