Strider on Xbox/Xbox 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strider on Xbox/Xbox 360?

After having a rather vivid dream in terms of nostalgia last night, I feel a sense of urgency in getting Strider for the Xbox or 360.

Any ideas how? In my dream it was already on the 360 having been downloaded from Live Arcade

I do have it on a Mega Drive emulator for the Xbox, but the emulator tends to stall towards the end of games (SoR2 is impossible to finish).

A google/wiki search shows it is on the Capcom Classics Vol 2 collection, but either that is really rare (no ebay items) or it was PS2 only.

I do have it for the PSP btw.

Any ideas?

(Surely, like Bionic Commando, Fnal Fight, Street Fighter, Strider is a franchise begging for a modern remake?)

Capcom Classics vol 2 did get released for the Xbox but only in the US. iirc it's region free.

Comment

If it wasn't region free, presumably (s)he could use his/her modified hardware (I'm assuming since he has an emulator on Xbox) to play the US version.

Comment

well in that case, you could just play it in mame.

Comment

Yeah, I have MAME on the xbox too, but no Strider rom, just Strider 2

The first capcom classics was region free for sure, but the internet doesnt seem to know if vol 2 was (it might be).

Anyway, was playing the Mega Drive version this morning, and I've come down a bit. Some bits are quite frustrating on it.

Any ideas of other games out there which offer platforming with the ability to climb walls? One of the reasons I was originally drawn to strider was because it emulated spider-man's powers slightly. There were no decent Spidey games on 16-bit alas, although the Mega Drive one was ok.

Comment

Run Saber on the Super Famicom is similar to Strider. You climb walls etc....

It's a pretty good game all round.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 25-08-2008, 21:49.

Comment

I notice two references to Strider in this month's Retro Gamer (one asking for GRIN to be given remake rights) and another for a similar game for the SNES (Cannot remember the name, SkyStalker or something).

This despite the fact that there was a BAN put on mentioning Strider in the mag, a couple of years ago, due to the editor's obsession with the game.

Hmmmm... did this thread precipitate a Strider-obsession relapse I wonder?

Comment

It's Sky Blazer.
                But it isn't looking like Strider as much as Run Saber clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by drmick View Post
                  I notice two references to Strider in this month's Retro Gamer (one asking for GRIN to be given remake rights) and another for a similar game for the SNES (Cannot remember the name, SkyStalker or something).

This despite the fact that there was a BAN put on mentioning Strider in the mag, a couple of years ago, due to the editor's obsession with the game.

Hmmmm... did this thread precipitate a Strider-obsession relapse I wonder?
                  Well it was a self-imposed ban, which I've now decided to lift

Comment

a HD remake would be amazing.
                    Played the game to death many years ago on my Amiga and a few years ago again on MAME. also liked Strider2, but somehow the 1st one is more special, I really like the graphic style of the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X