Segata Sanshiro interview in gamesTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Segata Sanshiro interview in gamesTM

Thought you guys may be interested in this. The new issue of gamesTM has a 6-page feature on Segata Sanshiro. The guy who played him is interviewed extensively and there are also profiles of his best ads and a look at his Saturn game.

You do know that Sega have made a contract with him to return to sega for a new add campaign. I've actually met the guy in my home city. Great guy and one who doesn't hide the fact that he was basically an Otaku magnet.

Yakumo

Comment

Yeah, the Rambo thing is mentioned in the feature and Fujioka says that he's eager for Sanshiro to make a comeback. Though he would be wouldn't he?

Comment

This is magic, top stuff Ash!

Comment

The retro section has been totally tedious since GamesTM got its new look. No chance of going back to the look of two years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
            The retro section has been totally tedious since GamesTM got its new look. No chance of going back to the look of two years ago?
            The 'look'? No.

I am open to doing smaller, lightweight features if there's enough demand for it though.

Is it just the design that you dislike or the editorial too? Let me know...

Comment

The guy was immense.

Enough said. Why wouldn't you buy a Sega Saturn after seeing that kinda ad lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                The 'look'? No.

I am open to doing smaller, lightweight features if there's enough demand for it though.

Is it just the design that you dislike or the editorial too? Let me know...
                Now that I come to think about it, it is the content, I suppose. Its becoming less interesting (to me) seemed to conincide with the new look.

I used to buy GamesTM as often as I could get it in 2004-6, but was very disappointed with the retro section in particular with the issues I bought in the last year or so. But perhaps that's just me - obviously you've got your readership to think about, and if the figures are up then you're obviously doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                  Now that I come to think about it, it is the content, I suppose. Its becoming less interesting (to me) seemed to conincide with the new look.
                  Can you explain why it's less interesting to you?

Comment

I'll have a look through the issues I've kept hold of and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X