Dreamcast VGA lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast VGA lead

Anybody know anywhere that's still selling the VGA lead/box for the Dreamcast? Even Play Asia don't seem to have them any more. I didn't have much use for one when the DC was current, but my TV has a VGA input now, so I'd like to hook it up that way.

should be plenty on ebay mate i imported one from canada the other month cost £18 quid, theres a couple in the buy/sell section of this forum too

Comment

Comment

You'd be best with the official one even if it is expensive. Some of the 3rd party ones give a right ****ty image. As they say, you get what you pay for.

yakumo

Comment

Not sure if I'd agree with that, as I have the Blaze version and it's output is de-lovely and delicious!

Comment

Me too, I have the Blaze version, I think the output is great!

Comment

yeah but have you ever owned the official Sega VGA box? I'm sur if you put both side by side you'll see a difference.

Yakumo

Comment

If you're ok with soldering, I'd make an internal one. I did mine earlier in the week and it looks great. mmmonkey.co.uk has a guide. The parts only cost £5 in total

Comment

hmm thats interesting, especially considering the ridiculous prices the VGA boxes command nowadays , £18 etc? 3rd party ones were less than that brand new.

Comment

I also own a Blaze one, and it's great. Course, if you can go official, it's always the best option... but easier said than done. There's also the 'Performance' cable, which is the only one to have VGA passthrough, and is rare as a result.

Comment

Cheers for the advice. For some reason, I hadn't thought to check eBay. The VGA port mod doesn't look too tricky, so I might give that a go anyway.

Comment

By the way, hellbelly/mmmonkey might still have a completed circuit and the jacks you need (he offered me them after I'd finished my mod :P), so try PMing him if you want.

Comment

Theres an official one for sale over at avforums but its ?55

Comment

I had to rebuild another board to re-do some photo's the other day, so do have a board spare if anyone would like it. Just cover the cost of components and postage

Pete

Comment

Working...
                            X