Games that need a translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games that need a translation

Which games top everyone's translation wish lists? I'm thinking handheld here for some reason, but all I can think of is Mother 3, which should be completed soon, right? But yeah, I mean stuff that has no available translation at the moment

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure

It was the first game from Lovedelic, who also made Lack of Love and later went on to do GiFTPIA, Chibi-Robo and Captain Rainbow.

The idea was that you get sucked into a generic Dragon Quest style RPG to find that the world is quite different on the other side of the screen. The villagers are all pissed off that you've been taking items from their homes and the monsters were just wild creatures that didn't deserve to die.

More info here.

There actually is a fan translation in the works but it's early days yet and is under no guarantee to reach completion.

Comment

Wow, I'd never even heard of this game before, it seems very 'meta' and the connections with Contact are obvious. I'll have to track it down

Comment

Policenauts, which is obviously in the middle of getting translated at present and the only other game I wanted to see translated was Rent a Hero No1, which sort of did but then got cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
          Policenauts, which is obviously in the middle of getting translated at present and the only other game I wanted to see translated was Rent a Hero No1, which sort of did but then got cancelled.
          The US Xbox (beta?) version of Rent a Hero No1 was leaked recently.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine View Post
            The US Xbox (beta?) version of Rent a Hero No1 was leaked recently.
            The full version? The only one I ever heard of in the past was that the beta version was in a few peoples hands which was about 50-60% translated. Good news though if it is, need to start hunting round a few torrent sites then.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
              It is 100% english, but the translation itself is a bit shoddy. I doubt it was intentional seeing as Sega dropped it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                It is 100% english, but the translation itself is a bit shoddy. I doubt it was intentional seeing as Sega dropped it.
                Nice ones cheers, I completed it years ago on the Dreamcast so wouldn't mind playing it again in english even if it is a bit shoddy, downloading it now at work.

Comment

Hmm, well basically I'm bored and looking for a new project, since I've almost finished my translation of Guru Logic Champ. I was thinking of Gameboy Wars next since there's no translation that I'm aware of, even though the rest of the series is so popular. But then again, a strategy game would be quite boring to do.

Comment

There's a Ys translation for DS going on elsewhere, i'm sure you'd be quite welcome to help...

Comment

What about the earlier Ys games? I've never played them before but I just won Ys 1 and 2 for the pc engine, and I heard they were great

Comment

I'm pretty sure the DS ones are just remakes.

Comment

lol, listen to you being all coy. I did a bit of investigating. I'd have to get the game I think, translating out of context like that looks really difficult. To be honest I'd never really considered the other aspects of fan translations (the non-translation side of it), I've always done gamefaqs style translations with no intention of inserting them back into a game.

Comment

Segagagagagaga

Comment

I think anagrama is having some kind of stroke...

Comment

Working...
                              X