True Blood: HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Blood: HBO

Been watching a few episodes of this new series on HBO over here. I was bored off my rocker and figured I'd see what all the pimping out was about.

From what I gather it's a vampire show set in some hick US town. Vampires have 'come out' and revealed themselves to the world's public. It's been 2 years since this has happened and your shown the humans reacting in to it, from fear, caution and fasicination. It's really well played out actually. I'm getting vibes of Twin Peaks in this. Not for weirdness but for some very strong charaters I'm thinking. Everybody has a rememorable part and I'm being sucked right in! The interplay between the lead female and the lead vampire is scene stealing! There's twist's of course, though best not spoil that.

Also, it's very adult and graphic (vamps getting sucked off by gimp boys for example) . Could be a good thing!

Check it out, well worth it.

Its a great show, with good ideas, but who knows if it will last, and by the way, theres a weird clip of a vamp getting all nasty in the pilot thatwas cut out of the aired version

Comment

Ive only seen the opening episode but thought it was pretty average and very slow moving. Does it get any better then?

Comment

I've seen episode one only also, and it didn't grab me by the wotsits to be honest.

So many new American shows starting this month, you seen any of these TN ?

Raising The Bar

90210 (not that kids rubbish from the 90's)

Sons of Anarchy - like this

Fringe - soon starting on Sky One

Privileged

Do Not Disturb - hated this, predictable, canned comedy.

And think the new Knight Rider starts later this week

Comment

Ive been watching Fringe and its terribly average, I think you need to try a few more True blood, the story gets a little darker and it statrs to show the darker side to the vampire politics.

Comment

i'm quite liking this, but hopefully we will see more of the larger story surrounding the main characters. otherwise it could get a bit like a soap. its good so far though. nice that its got enough new vampire ideas to keep it fresh and not too similar to older shows and movies.

fringe isnt bad, but again needs more overall stuff to be revealed to make it interesting. the conspiracy bits from the end of the first ep was good. need more of that. havent seen episode 3 yet though.

Comment

It sounds interesting; I'll try and watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
                but who knows if it will last
                It's already been renewed for a second season.

Here is a link to the books the series is based on in case anyone is interested.

Still not completly sure what to make of it; it's different enough from the books to slightly annoy me, but not enough to make me stop watching. Will definately stick with it.
                Last edited by Malavon; 25-09-2008, 16:00.

Comment

OOh interesting, i could do with a new book series to get my teeth into

Comment

I've watched 6 episodes of this now and have to say its completely gripped me in a very unexpected way. I had tried a couple of episodes, initially just to get my girlfriend off my back and allow me to go next door and play while she carried on with the series, I found myself this morning asking her to pick up some more from work for us. I'm not sure what it is that appeals to me, possibly the mix of small town ordinary goings-on (like church meetings, people hanging out in the bar, etc) crossed with completely ridiculous scenarios which I wont even spoiler here as it would be robbing you of the fun.

I will show you this clip, however, as it sells the show imho and features my current favourite character Lafayette, the towns righteous, black, drug dealing, homosexual chef. UTTER LEGEND!!!

NOT SAFE FOR WORK - MF-BOMB!

Lafayette serves a couple of Rednecks an AIDS Burger.© 2008 HBO Productions; True Blood All rights reserved

...also the cliffhangers are great.

Comment

i carried on and stuck with it through the first series, and thought it was excellent. cant wait for the next series, they've set up a few nice little things to carry on with.

Comment

Lets hope they can carry on with this show as I think its great, with keeping the same quality, some odd points and stories too long/too short but better than most stuff.

After watching the awesome trips they have anyone here want to try V?

Comment

Finally the reveal that

Sam changes into a dog

happened, probably the most BLATES thing in a show that normally manages to bring some great surprises. I loved

Sookie getting covered after Bill offed one of his own

and that crazy bitch that is hanging out with Jason Stackhouse is no doubt gonna bring some serious drama soon. Best show since The Wire.
                          Last edited by spagmasterswift; 26-01-2009, 10:34.

Comment

Channel 4 have bought True Blood! w00t!!1

Comment

Just picked this up on Blu-ray and wow!

It's rare you read about a show, formulate an idea of what you hope it'll be like, and then it's exaxctly like that.

2 episodes in and loving it. Beautiful, sleazy, shocking and 100% fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X