Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in HD

Seems the well known Sonic ROM hackers at SonicRetro are making an updated Sonic 2 with Hi Def graphics!

There is a demo up for download on the forum here:
    New Tech Demo release: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=12292 Digg it! S2HD is like a dream come true! Sonic really needed to go...

Just tried the demo myself. It is pretty much just a tech demo, but still rather impressive!

Just had a quick blast on this as well, I really like the title screen, looks excellent in HD. Now if only Sega would take a leaf out of capcoms book and actually release some of their back catalogue in HD. I'd love to see an official version of this.

Comment

No, No, No! If they take a leaf out of Capcom's book we'll end up with master system looking Sonic. They should make a full on new graphics that stay faithful to the originals but in high resolution. None of this NES looking crap.

No, Konami's Gradius reborn on the Wii is a much better idea. That looks and sounds like a supped up Super Famicom game.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        No, No, No! If they take a leaf out of Capcom's book we'll end up with master system looking Sonic. They should make a full on new graphics that stay faithful to the originals but in high resolution. None of this NES looking crap.

No, Konami's Gradius reborn on the Wii is a much better idea. That looks and sounds like a supped up Super Famicom game.

Yakumo
        I take it you haven't played Bionic Commando Rearmed or 1942: Joint Strike

Comment

Working...
        X