Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hidden Gem: Ronald in the Magical World - Game Gear (JP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Gem: Ronald in the Magical World - Game Gear (JP)

Okay, I thought id share with you all one of the most amazing GG games that SHOULD be on SMS! This was recent purchase of mine that I was so pleased with...

Ronald in the Magical World is a japanese only Game Gear release in 1994. Obviously the SMS was going (or already) past its prime, but this game really would work well on the SMS!

Ronald in the Magical World is basically the 8bit version of the Megadrive's McDonalds Treasure Land Adventure, with a few variations!
    The Megadrive version was made by Treasure, however I cant confirm this was too...

Suprisingly, when you first boot up this Japanese game, the first thing you notice is that the whole story side of the game is in english! A great start to an import game!

The gameplay is very similar to the well known MD game, however the umbrella is your weapon instead of Ronalds, uhm, magic hands... (Cant trust those clowns!)
    Platform gaming at its best!

You have to scout the level looking for a key to the exit, usually easy to find, but harder to find and take to the keyhole.
    This is one of those games, when you die, youre back at the start and itemless! The key needs to be retrieved and used all in one life!

With a bit a practice, youll storm through the levels and come across various bosses. All quite interesting, however not too hard.
    Once defeated, story mode pops up some fantastic pictures for its time showing the bosses turn into wimpering guys, helping Ronald on his adventure!

The only part of this game I found disapointing was the length of it!
    Ronald in the Magical World has only 16 Levels and 5 Bosses (Two in the final fight!). Luckly, the rest of the game is good enough to get away with it!

Anyways, i just wanted to shed some light on this gem as from the looks of it, there really isnt much info on it at all!
    Track it down and you wont be disappointed!

Other Media
    Picture of the Box, Manual, Cart and Inserts
    Last edited by Cauterize; 27-09-2008, 00:47.

Isn't this also on the Mega Drive? And isn't it by Treasure? Or were they made by different companies? Either way, I quite liked the Ronald game on the MD.

Comment

Yeah it's also on the Megadrive. It was Treasure's second game ever, if memory serves. And is also a bit ****.

Comment

And technically it's not Ronald, but Donald, as he's known over there.

Comment

Donald McRonald?

Spoonerism-tastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
            Yeah it's also on the Megadrive. It was Treasure's second game ever, if memory serves. And is also a bit ****.
            Not right, it was thier first game but was released second after Gunstar Heroes.

Comment

Well, Treasure, that is a debatable part of this game. Despite mentioning its the equivalent of the 16bit Treasure game, there is no mention that Treasure did this game anywhere on the Box, Cart or Manual. Plus there is no mention of it in Treasure's article in Wikipedia.

And Duddy, are you serious? I personally think the MD game is a fantastic platformer! A very much overlooked title!

Comment

Working...
              X