Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro ebay shop the-global-game-store, any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro ebay shop the-global-game-store, any problems?

Has anyone dealt with the ebay shop the-global-game-store? I bought a game last week, paid up straight away. Then realised they had a couple of other games I wanted, so I clicked buy-it-now then requested a total for combined postage.

That's it, not a dickie from them, the game I paid for hasn't turned up, and neither has the requested invoice. Despite emailing them through ebay, emailing them outside of ebay is no good as the emails are returned undeliverable (eventually).

I've had payment reminders from them for the 2 I requested a total for, but that's probably an automated system sent them out (replying to them just gets an undeliverable)

I hate the thought of ringing them, and the contact info I've requested from ebay hasn't turned up yet. There's no mention of them being away on their ebay pages. The website hasn't been updated in ages.

Anyone have an opinion of them?

Pete

i havent dealt with them myself but they seem ok, been on for a couple of years, over a thousand ratings all from different people who seem to be legit ebayers.

My guess is either there busy or somethings happenend to the games you ordered from what i know most ebay stores are only by a few people at best so my advice give them a bit more time but dont stop the e-mails, they still need to know your very bleedin annoyed!!

Comment

that's what I figured, cheers for the re-assurance Clum

Comment

I bought my copy of Contra for the Famicom from him in April and was very impressed. He posted it out the next day, by Special Delivery as a special request, and it was packed as if Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons had had it in his collection. So for my part I'd say you haven't bought stuff from an outright rip-off merchant at least. Wait and see what happens.

Comment

I've bought a couple of items in the past, the most recent was Mobile Suit Gundam Cross Dimension 0079 on the SFC. Like MattyD I had no problems with it getting here or the condition it was in when it did. I seem to remember it taken a day or two before it went in the post, but that was good enough for me at the time.

Comment

Cheers guys, it's sound good. Hopefully the shop will kick into action soon and process orders.

I even requested their contact details from ebay last night, but that didn't turn up either?!

Pete

Comment

Bah, just requested their contact details again, got his telephone number only to be told that he no longer lives there and they don't want to give me his new number

When I explained it was to do with some transactions on ebay they sounded genuinely suprised and said he normally deals with enquiries really quickly.

I even rang ebay (prob a bit over the top for a couple of cart only games - I know), but weren't really that interested and said I can report them after 10 days, and they'll look into the contact details being misleading.

It's not really the money, as I only paid for one game, it's just I thought I had them you know, and I wouldn't have to look for them cheaply again.

Can someone sell me Shadow Dancer, World of Illusion and Aladdin

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by hellbelly View Post
                ...only to be told that he no longer lives there and they don't want to give me his new number

When I explained it was to do with some transactions on ebay they sounded genuinely suprised and said he normally deals with enquiries really quickly.
                Are you sure he doesn't live there any more? Odd that the new occupant would tell you all about his excellent customer service!

Hope you get this sorted.

Comment

I guess it was a parent, maybe they've moved out. I've resigned to the fact that they're not going to turn up now

Comment

I guess it was a parent, maybe they've moved out. I've resigned to the fact that they're not going to turn up now
                    Open a paypal dispute for items not received?

Comment

How long has it been since you paid, a week, 10 days? I always give it a couple of weeks before starting any procedures, after all things sometimes get caught up on the postal system.

Comment

It's been a week now, I don't generally mind waiting, I am more annoyed that I can't contact the guy tbh. Emails returned undeliverable, about 3 different email addresses for him, 2 different domain names that he's half attempted to setup as an online shop/link with ebay.

Automated messages being sent out as payment reminders on the items I've requested a combined invoice for.

I've given up and just requested my money back through paypal for the one item I did pay for. Shame, as feedback was excellent, and a few people on here has said how good they are.

Comment

Bought a neo cart off his/her ebay shop before, turned up ok.

Isn't one week a bit short to worry?

Comment

yeah, like I said, I wouldn't worry IF they just replied to me and said - it'll be sent this week, sorry for the delay. I just got fedup not hearing from them or not being able to contact them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
                              Bought a neo cart off his/her ebay shop before, turned up ok.

Isn't one week a bit short to worry?
                              Not really. i can get an item from Japan to the UK within 4 to 5 days so 1 week from somewhere in the UK to another place in the UK is way too long if you ask me. If a yahoo Japan seller took over 1 week to get goods to a customer they'd get a negative feedback for sure. It normally takes 2 to 3 days max to get stuff from a yahoo seller.

The thing is that people in the UK have grown accustom to crap service so it's now accepted as normal. You only have to look at the average UK sellers idea of a mint game. To me mint means brand new looking not slightly doggy instructions or a disc with 1 light scratch on it.

Maybe I'm just accustom to a higher standard these days but still, one week to get an item from one part of the UK to another is taking it a bit far when you consider you could drive from one end to the other in a day or two.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                              X