Msx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msx?

I just got an MSX (Sony HITBIT 201P). What cool stuff can I get for it?
    What are the good games ?
    Is the AV cable the same as for a Sega MD1?

Thanks in advance

The Japanese MSX systems, which I assume the Sony HITBIT is can output RGB, so you can get a nice RGB SCART cable for it giving extreme picture clarity.. I've made a few of these in the past but there wasn't really that much demand.

There are some really nice Konami games on cartridge worth picking up but they command a kings ransom on eBay and in the wild are unbelievably difficult to find.. of course you may get lucky..

Comment

Vampire killer...although i'm not sure if thats just compatible with MSX2 (I know very little about MSX)

Comment

PENGUIN ADVENTURE

Trust me, it is THE best MSX game.

If you have an MSX2 then get Space Manbow too. It's a really cool hori shmup by Konami and was exclusive to the system.

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly View Post
          The Japanese MSX systems, which I assume the Sony HITBIT is can output RGB, so you can get a nice RGB SCART cable for it giving extreme picture clarity.. I've made a few of these in the past but there wasn't really that much demand.

There are some really nice Konami games on cartridge worth picking up but they command a kings ransom on eBay and in the wild are unbelievably difficult to find.. of course you may get lucky..
          What about scanning Yahoo japan for some of them?

Came across this the other week

Which now belong to a sega8bit member,2 of them to be more precise.

Comment

I found an MSX at a car boot the other week with a copy of Sky Jaguar. Haven't got round to trying it yet, and i'll probably sell it as i don't really keep many non-sega items.

Comment

Originally posted by dosucol View Post
              What about scanning Yahoo japan for some of them?

Came across this the other week

Which now belong to a sega8bit member,2 of them to be more precise.
              That is awesome! I assume that's the Japanese equivalent of the Master System display system thingamybob!

Comment

Looks like one of the units you'd get in a hotel that switches between different games...

Comment

Almost all the best MSX games are by Konami - Akumajo Dracula (Castlevania), Gradius, Hyper Olympics, Yie Ar Kung Fu & Parodius are a few of the best.

Also, Metal Gear actually appeared on the MSX before Nintendo ported it to the Famicom. The MSX version is different to the FC/NES version. And much better.

AndyB

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                    If you have an MSX2 then get Space Manbow too. It's a really cool hori shmup by Konami and was exclusive to the system.
                    You can also play it in the ds version of ganbare goemon if you have the gba version plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      You can also play it in the ds version of ganbare goemon if you have the gba version plugged in.
                      True... Though it's only the 1st level.

Comment

yeah shame they didnt include it all, that would have been pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X