Friday the 13th (remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday the 13th (remake)

Release date is Friday 13th February 2009 (most places in the world)

trailer right click save as

offical website

Whitney (Amanda Righetti), Clay (Jared Padalecki), Mike (Nick Mennell), Jenna (Danielle Panabaker), Trent (Travis VanWinkle) and other young adults end up exploring the old Camp Crystal Lake (made famous by the original 1980 film). Soon enough however their seemingly fun weekend turns into a nightmare when each one finds themselves hunted down by a machete weilding maniac known as Jason Voorhees (Derek Mears).

looks alright, just a teaser trailer at present

Good points
    The music is correct (cue funny scene in Scary Movie)
    Jason runs (which is nice)
    Friday the 13th logo is the same as the original movie

For alot of the older members of the forum who especially love horror, this movie will always be there are a shining light of 'stalker horror', one of the very first and still ranks as one of the best (Halloween/The Burning are my personal favourite). Seems they've adopted a very different route for the remake, but Pamela is mentioned in the credits and she is played by Nana Visitor (DS9). Could be just visions and talk over

Just hope Bay gets it right and to be honest i've thought his recent remakes were very watchable, for me he turned a POS chainsaw massacre into something decent to watch, but thats just a personal opinion - i know loads love the original

Just a shame Kane Hodder hasnt returned as Jason

"young adults exploring Camp Crystal Lake"

And people say EA forever churn out the same old ****.

One to rent for me.

Comment

Never really got into Friday 13th (except for the comedy ones, Jason X and Freddie vs Jason). Unstoppable emotionless, guys with no personality are just uninteresting to me. Same goes for Michael Myers.

Hellraiser and Nightmare on Elmstreet hold much more potential for interesting remakes

Comment

Goes to Hell & Takes Manhattan particularly are still ze best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Goes to Hell & Takes Manhattan particularly are still ze best for me.
          I love 'Takes Manhattan'. For me the series hit it's stride when it stopped taking itself so seriously and 'zombie Jason' was introduced.

Comment

Kevin Bacon did alright out of it

Comment

do they really wash out the NY sewer system with acid?

Think that's what happened in '...Takes Manhattan ' memory is a but fuzzy

Comment

Yeah that's in Manhattan. And the boxers head coming off in one punch, one of the best scenes ever?

Comment

I've just ordered the Friday 13th 1-8 boxset offa Play for 18 notes, essential Halloween viewing.
                  Last edited by Mad Gear; 27-10-2008, 16:39.

Comment

Does Jason kill that Collie in '...Takes Manhattan'? I can never remember, all the head-punchery shenanigans put me off.
                    The new one looks turd....cue shocked expression, oh and Bay's a ****, which doesn't help.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Hopefully this won't be as bab as that terrible Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Comment

another horror remake is on the way and the original was pretty awful to be honest, lets add 3-D that will make it better

My Bloody Valentine 3-D, right click save as

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                          Never really got into Friday 13th (except for the comedy ones, Jason X and Freddie vs Jason). Unstoppable emotionless, guys with no personality are just uninteresting to me. Same goes for Michael Myers.

Hellraiser and Nightmare on Elmstreet hold much more potential for interesting remakes
                          The good Halloween films are much better than any Friday13th. Halloween has an atmosphere - and sometimes good acting, that far surpasses what Friday13th films offer.

Hellraiser & NOES would go all emo - like Halloween sadly did. I would hate that. I can only hope that any remakes of those, are done next decade; when the emo craze may have faded away.

Then again... what comes after emo, could be even worse.

Comment

Over the last few weeks, I've been making my through the Friday the 13th films on DVD. I'm up to part 7, and so far, surprisingly, I haven't wanted to kill myself. Though I did have to to resort to some minor self-harm during part 5 in order to stay awake, which is more like a really ****ty episode of Scooby Doo than a Jason film, but the rest have been good fun to revisit. Part 2 and 6 have been my faves. Quite interesting to see Jason develop from a mongoloid with a sack on his head to the iconic hockey mask wearing Jason of the later films.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Jason. though. I'm not exactly a people person either, so I can relate. I do take some perverse pleasure in seeing Jason take a machete to a bunch of good-looking teenagers who get way more sex than me.

I'm actually feel quite hyped for the remake now. Don't mean to be controversial but the first film can certainly be improved upon. The pacing is awful, the twist isn't half as clever as I remember, and it looks like ****. Anyway, whatever your view on remakes, it's kind of hard to get precious over a film that has spawned so many sequels.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it too. Just wondering if i can be bothered to go see it in the cinema though. Just hope it doesn't dissapoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X