Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderforce Gold Packs

Righto guys,

I'm currently waiting on the arrival of Thunderforce VI from Play-asia & thought that seeing as I have never played the original games I should probably look into getting the compilations for the Saturn.

Now I've looked on Egay but cant find any so dont know what the current going rate is.

So how much should I be looking at paying & which one should be the first one I buy???

Ta muchly

Neil

Get both!
    If i were to have one though i'd go for Gold Pack 2 as it's got ThunderForce AC (which is pretty much the same as ThunderForce III) & ThunderForce IV.

Price wise they should be around the £15-25 mark. The prices will probably spike a little due to TFVI coming out.

EDIT:-
    Well i've just had a scan round the usual spots and it looks like the prices have gone up a fair bit since i bought my Gold packs. Your looking at £30+ now.
    Last edited by Mad Gear; 29-10-2008, 14:36.

Comment

The plan is to have both but at the moment I can only really afford one so I think I'll look for 2 first & then pick 1 up later on.

I had hoped they'd be around the £15 mark
      Might see what crops up in the next couple of weeks then.

Thanks for that.

Neil

Comment

I got gold pack 2 off Yakumo on here. It's really good, the music in thunderforce IV is amazing.

Soundwave, I had never played any of them until a couple of months ago either. A shameful act.
        Last edited by jamesy; 29-10-2008, 16:08.

Comment

I prefer Gold pack 1 as Thunder Force 3 is my favourate in the series by miles. I didn't like TF2 at first but it's a real grower. Which one you get comes down to to whether you prefer TF3 or TF4. Gold pack 1 is better value and more fun imo.

Comment

I sell the Thunder Foece Gold packs for 10 to 15 pounds depending on if they are complete with spine card or not. I may have one in stock. Just sold a few Thunder Force titles last week, probably due to the new PS2 game coming out. As an idea of how good my prices are, I sell Thunder Force 5 Special pack for 20 pounds or under at times.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
              I got gold pack 2 off Yakumo on here. It's really good, the music in thunderforce IV is amazing.

Soundwave, I had never played any of them until a couple of months ago either. A shameful act.
              It is shameful isnt it??
              I'm amazed that over all this time I've still managed to never ever play one

Yakumo,

Expect a PM shortly...just incase you do still have one

Neil

Comment

It's more likely that VI is going to be most similar to V on Saturn to be honest - I'd pick that up first if you can and have not yet played it. Excellent game - and far better than the PSX version.

Comment

V is by far the bets of the series. Although as far as Gold Pack's go I'd go for the second collection. I'm not overly keen on TF2 and TFAC is essentially TF3 as Adam says.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Well I'm sorted for Pack 1...Yakumo to the rescue

Just keeping my eye's peeled for a reasonable price for Gold pack 2 & V now

Quite looking forward to back tracking over the saga to be honest

Neil

Comment

Gold pack 2 is a must. TFIV is the best game in the series IMHO. You can almost hear Megadrives crying as you insert the cart. It pushed the MD hard and is a great shooter.

Comment

Working...
                      X