Super A'Can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super A'Can

What would you guys say one is worth? I've got the chance to buy one, brand new and I know some of you will have seen it on another forum.

The thing is, with the exchange rate being so crap at the minute, what I'd have been willing to pay a while ago is now kinda out of the question.

So what do you reckon for it all in?

For a new one boxed, no idea tbh. Theres some up on ebay at the minute unboxed with no games for about ?120 shipped if that helps. Are the games easy to find for these things?

Comment

Games arent easy to get, from th elooks few of the games are worth playing. Hit up assembler theres plenty of threadage there on the system. £120 is about right for the system.

Comment

What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
          What is it?
          Powerfull 16bit console from Korea

Comment

Intresting, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

http://www.vanillaicemedia.com/acan/acan.htm
              The in-game text and the text on the packaging is in Chinese, makes me think this was a Chinese-made console.

Soz for being a pedant!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

http://www.vanillaicemedia.com/acan/acan.htm

From the above link:

Super A'can are the first Taiwan video gaming system
                Super A'can release on 1995 by Funtech Entertainment Corp.
                Super A'can is 16Bit console with 2 CPU 68000 10.6Mhz & 6502 3.58Mhz
                Super A'can are 32768 Color system

Some kind of SFC/MD hybrid looking at the specs.

Comment

Seems very expensive for a cheaply made poor clone - why not buy the real thing for much less??

Comment

I see A'can and I think AssCan. Abbreviated.

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
                      Seems very expensive for a cheaply made poor clone - why not buy the real thing for much less??
                      The Acan is not a clone in any way but a 100% original console. The actual hardware is pretty cool, better than a Mega Drive at least. The problem is that ALL the games on it are piss poor. Even the platform on that's considered to be the best is still pretty crappy compared to quality on the Mega Drive or Super Famicom. The company that made it were even saying that they'd release a 32X type add-on for it. Not surprisingly this never saw the light of day although picture of it do exist.

Yakumo

Comment

Hi Yakumo - thanks for that. Still make a lot more sense to buy a SFC for under £50 and open up the greatest games library of all time. Guess most of us have SFC's anyway though.

Comment

I think the appeal of the Acan is to own something that nobody else does. It's more of a collectors item than a gamers item to be honest.

Yakumo

Comment

Personally the idea was to check out the software library, as a couple of the titles do look interesting.

I don't suppose there are any emulators for it are there?

Comment

nope. No emulation at all for this system.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                              X