US SNES soft on JPN SFC - Help:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US SNES soft on JPN SFC - Help:

Is it possible to play US SNES games on a JPN SFC by way of some sort of adapter/converter?

I know they are both NTSC so I am thinking it is possible even though the US soft won`t actuallhy fit into a JPN SFC.

If possible, which is the best adapter/converter to get?

Thanks in advice.

You can get adapters that allow the bigger games to fit, but they may not allow all games to play due to the region lockout chip.

If this doesn't bother you, the best ones are the Datal Pro Action Replay 2 cartridges.

Modification is the best method forwards though - we are doing discounted mods for forum members: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=91411

*Edit* Apparently, you just need a bridge adapter after all - should have read the post properly!

AndyB
    Last edited by AndyB; 01-11-2008, 13:53.

Comment

There's no region lock involved when it comes to playing USA games on a SFC though, it's just physical size that preventing it.

Pete
      (sorry though JAPJAC, I can't remember where I saw bridge adapter to insert into a SFC which then allows US SNES games to play on it)
      Last edited by mmmonkey; 01-11-2008, 13:32.

Comment

Thank you for the help thus far.

Does anyone know if the following US SNES games have `region lock out` for use on the JPN SFC?:

Super Punch-Out.
        Zelda 3.
        Championship Soccer `94.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

The US SNES, and JPN SFC are exactly the same region, region lockout only comes into it when you bring PAL SNES into it.

You need a simple bridge like the one that this person has - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E5CXjFSxng

Pete

Comment

Doh! Should read posts properly!

PS. I have a bridge adapter you can have for free...

PM me.

AndyB
            Last edited by AndyB; 01-11-2008, 13:58.

Comment

I now understand, thank you you two, much appreciated.

Cheers.

(PM sent).

Comment

There are a couple of exceptions (JAP soft on US SNES) that I have never seen an explanation for though, see here:

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
                  There are a couple of exceptions (JAP soft on US SNES) that I have never seen an explanation for though, see here:

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=68594
                  Crikey, never heard of that, thansk for the link. Seems that SA-1 chip can cause all sorts of region lockout problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X