Final Fantasy VII soundtrack question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy VII soundtrack question

Does anyone know what the piece of music is that played during the original Final Fantasy VII trailer? It came on the official playstation magazine's demo disc, and might have been on tv too. The track isn't in the game, and I remember hearing it during a Coronation Street advert of all things (may have been Emmerdale), which makes me wonder if it wasn't designed especially for the game after all. Any ideas?

hmm cant help you with the music but spoilerish much trailer? it showed aerith dead!

Comment

She dies?? :O how could you!

Comment

It's called 'Final Encounter' by Steven Baker, it wasn't made specifically for FF7 as the same track appeared on some other comercials.

Comment

Thanks man I always loved this music. Me and my brother must have watched this trailer about a hundred times and we were so psyched up to buy it, even though we'd never played a Final Fantasy before, or any other console RPG for that matter. As I recall, my dad went and bought a copy on release in November I think it was, but I didn't get to play it till Christmas day! I guess it is kinda spoilerish, but only if you already know the significance of what you're seeing.

Comment

Working...
          X