an honest review 4: not dark forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an honest review 4: not dark forces

I was meaning to do a review of Dark Forces for a long time, but my crappy usb capture device was not playing ball, so instead I've done a video review of Super Mario Land 2, and like all good youtube reviewers, I've included a self indulgent intro sequence that slightly out stays its welcome.

p.s. to those who think my head should be placed in a guillotine, please disregard this post.

I loved this game when it came out, finished it a couple times, loved finding out all the secret routes etc. still own it now, I'll definitely be watching this tomorrow

Comment

I preferred SML1's small graphics. Same reason I liked Batman on the GB. They were catered to the screen's small size rather than being shoehorned in. In contrast I hated the chunkier graphics of SML2.

Sorry, put me right off the review.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat
        and like all good youtube reviewers, I've included a self indulgent intro sequence that slightly out stays its welcome.
        great review! I enjoyed it , and yes the intro bit was horrible, but in true youtube style, hehe.

Comment

Very nicely done matey (great video capture) . Played the game to death many years ago so it put a smile on my face .

Comment

I'm sure you'll be glad to know this is very good! You social miscreant, you.

I expect if they were still doing GamesMaster and other 90s games-based kids TV shows, that Nintendo Family Tree T-shirt would be mandatory attire.
            Last edited by egparadigm; 11-11-2008, 21:27.

Comment

I did put it on especially There's an episode of Bad Influence on youtube with a mario land 2 'review' in it. Sweet succulent jesus, that show was a travesty. No wonder I feel like I grew up in the 80s.

Comment

It was better than GamerVille on SkyOne. Incidentally, I'd give that review 3 Gs.

Comment

what's a g?

Comment

As in 3 out of 5. Although in jest, in this case. Find some youtube videos - it's TV GOLD.

Comment

oh god, I think I remember seeing some of this ****. I must have blocked it out. Pat, you bastard!

Comment

I played a little bit of this on Saturday. Jumped around in some tree sap and on the moon in low gravity.

You say that SML "wasn't a Mario game" - what do you mean by this? I've played SML, World, SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy. To me, SML2 and its fun/surreal levels stick out a little more than SML1.
                        Last edited by egparadigm; 17-11-2008, 10:48.

Comment

An enjoyable 'tube to be sure. Even with the clearly piss-taking intro and obvious whoopsie-I-seem-to-have-panned-over-my-collection shot

This was a great game in its day BTW. It had a character all of its own yet retained that special Mario quaity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                            An enjoyable 'tube to be sure. Even with the clearly piss-taking intro and obvious whoopsie-I-seem-to-have-panned-over-my-collection shot

This was a great game in its day BTW. It had a character all of its own yet retained that special Mario quaity.
                            lol, yes my brother saw that and had nothing to say other than 'showoff', but then we all take pride in our collections, and I seem to remember him plank-wanking his guitar for ten minutes before actually playing Destruct.

As for Mario Land 1 not being a mario game, I meant I don't think of it as a true mario game. The style is too different and everything just feels wrong. For a Mario game. If you look at it separately, it's still a good game. I remember when I was a kid I could never finish it without the massive game genie sticking out the top. But then I got another copy last year and completed it in about 15 minutes. Still can't beat Gremlins though. That game was whack.

Comment

Working...
                            X