Neogenesis (xbox emulation advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neogenesis (xbox emulation advice)

I have some original mega cd games that i am trying to use on this emulator, but it only loads as far as the music player - ie the game is not recognised, only the music tracks of the cd. any advice?
    Last edited by dvdx2; 14-11-2008, 13:39.

I think this is down to the dvd drive type, i have the same problem.

Comment

The Phillips drive in my Xbox doesn't read Mega-CD games but my Thompson one does. I guess the Samsung drive will too as it's considered to be the best one, but I haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Strange it would do that for pressed CDs. When you say music player, I assume you mean the MegaCD's one? Sometimes that would happen for me and I'd have to press a button (I think Start or something) and then the game would boot.

I had MegaCD games and they played, but I remember seeing the music player on a few occasions

Try making an iso of the game and see if the emulator will play that ok.

Regarding which drives read which media, I'm pretty sure that was only in regard to CDRs (All would read CDRW but Thompson wouldn't, Samsung would, and Philips would if they were burnt a certain way).

If you're using a dashboard like xbox media center, bung the disc in and see if you can at least view the files in the File Explorer bit

Comment

Working...
        X