Master System Recommendation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master System Recommendation!

Having recently picked up a Game Gear earlier in the year. Today I decided to invest in a Master System to play the Wonder Boy games.

I picked up a UK MS1 due to the HU Card and AV socket. ( I remember a few people on the forum recommending them over MS2). So the only questions I need to know is does the MS1 unit support RGB? What games out there do you recommend?

I picked up the following games with the MS.

Wonder Boy in Monster Land
    Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap
    Wonder Boy in Monster World
    Ninja Gaiden
    Star Wars
    Alien Syndrome
    Cloud Master
    Miracle Warriors
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos
    R TYPE
    Rescue Mission
    Asterix
    Vigilante
    The Ninja
    Double Dragon
    My Hero
    Castle of Illusion
    Deep Duck Trouble

Nicely set and all bar Sonic 1 & 3 are boxed andonly Castle, Deep Duck and R Type were missing the manuals. Most of them I got for £2 each which I was rather pleased about.

Is it true the MS is region free? Oh and I take it the console can be modded to output 60hz?

Cheers Guys
    Last edited by S3M; 15-11-2008, 20:55.

Straight up, Cosmic Spacehead. Seriously, I am never going to shut up about this game til it's greeted by waves of adulation at its mere mention. Far superior to the crappy megadrive version and its 'souped-up' graphics. Just a brilliant, charming little point and click adventure with some hardcore oldskool platforming inbetween. Apparently quite rare on the master system though

Comment

You can get a cracking picture with an RGB scart cable. Hmm let me think of some good games I know off the top of my head, you have some ace ones there.

R-Type
      Out Run
      Fantasy Zone Series
      Dynamite Dux
      Spy Vs Spy
      Psycho Fox
      Impossible Mission 2
      Enduro Racer
      Gangster town
      Operation Wolf
      Secret Command

I'll have to wait till I'm home so I can check my shelf

Comment

California games
        Castle of Illusion
        Ghostbusters
        Phantasy Star
        Vigilante

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
          Straight up, Cosmic Spacehead. Seriously, I am never going to shut up about this game til it's greeted by waves of adulation at its mere mention. Far superior to the crappy megadrive version and its 'souped-up' graphics. Just a brilliant, charming little point and click adventure with some hardcore oldskool platforming inbetween. Apparently quite rare on the master system though
          Are there any game play differences between the MD and SMS version as I already have the MD version.

Cheer for the list vanpeebles, I already got R-Type, but I posted the topic earlier by mistake and haven't added it to the list. Isn't Psycho Fox related to Magical Hat Turbo Adventure?

Oh and a RPG list would be great, only Phantasy Star one is the only RPG I can think of.

Comment

Magical Hat came after I think its basically just Psycho Fox with different gfx. Other ace RPGs are Ultima and Y's. I'm a big Master System fan and just got a jap one recently

Comment

Second that cosmic spacehead is one of the best the console offers, i aslo liked

aztec adventure
              zillion 2
              choplifter

Comment

Umm, not that I can remember, although I haven't played the Master system version for a while (it was in my dad's loft until recently). As far as I'm aware, the gameplay is identical between all 3 versions (with the graphics being identical on the MS and GG versions). You should totally pick it up though if you see it somewhere.

Comment

You already have The Ninja and R-type so you are off to a flyer. Add Populous, Pacmania, Bubble Bobble and Power Strike (Aleste in disguise).

Comment

How could I forget Choplifter it was ace.

Comment

Where's the Transbot love?

Comment

Master System Fail..........

Never except Vans

Erm I think everyone has covered the cream:

California games
                        Castle of Illusion
                        Ghostbusters
                        Phantasy Star
                        Vigilante
                        R-Type
                        Out Run
                        Fantasy Zone Series
                        Dynamite Dux
                        Spy Vs Spy
                        Psycho Fox
                        Impossible Mission 2
                        Enduro Racer
                        Gangster town
                        Operation Wolf
                        Secret Command
                        Shinobi

BUT you gotta get these:
                        Double Dragon - The best ever vers imo better than the arcade.... Big memories
                        Safari Hunt!
                        I had a few pretty rare titles I sold off to the USA a few years back that evade me right now now... But I think they were Master of Darkness, Basketball Nightmare, Smurfs, Alez Kidd in Shinobi World.... And Rainbow Islands, New Zealand Story, Afterburner, I hope your model has the Snail maze game I have a few titles lying around i'l have a check in the week

Most importantly Psycho Fox owns Magical Hat BIG TIME!!! I totally adore that title and MHTFA on the MD but I know where the MD vers came from 1st

Comment

Where's the Transbot love?
                          I nearly picked up a copy of that today but it didn't have a manuals and I wasn't sure if it was any good. How does Populous compare to the MD version as I felt that it was a game that should have stayed on the Amiga, I wasn't impressived with the MD version.

Any good Shining Force Clones?

Comment

If your going for Transbot get the card one and My Hero too! And how dare you Kat! @_@ Plus I think it was me who bought your New Zealand Story too. Oh also Golfmania is superb and Blades of Steel too.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
                              I hope your model has the Snail maze game
                              Snail Maze game? Mine came built in with Hang On and Safari Hunter, it was a SMS1 PLUS pack.

I do know a shop which has New Zealand Story, is it that rare?

Oh and anyone know if ChoaticJelly does SMS1 RGB Lead?
                              Last edited by S3M; 15-11-2008, 21:35.

Comment

Working...
                              X