Capcom vs SNK 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom vs SNK 2

Call me ****, but i don't know all the moves and supers for this game and going online means manz needz to knowz all the phat bling bling moves innit. Damn! i'm so street!!11!1

So here's a very good guide some dude has put together explaining all to us mear mortals

The game has a moveslist for all characters built in don't it.

Nevertheless, this game has really revitalised my passion for gaming of late. I haven't stayed up to the wee hours playing a game for ages, yet both Friday and Saturday I was playing until about 3:30 in the morning. That, one more go factor is immense.

I haven't played the game against proper human competition to any great extent, but can already see an improvement in my style from the online play. My Parrying skills are becoming much better (the CPU is so lame that parrying is never necessary). Technically the online aspect works brilliantly. Only had lag on a few occassions, and these were always in the same place (on the Barektsburg level when the ships pulls up alongside the iceberg).

Only problem is sore losers who quit out just as they lose. I get the match added to my total played list, but I don't get the win, so in all it goes down as a loss which I find somewhat annoying (had about 15 wins that are not on my actual tally). Thing is they got the loss as well so the only point in them fdoing it is 'if I don't get the win then neither do you' mentality.

Comment

Yeah tells you the moves in game but the guide helps with Grooves as well, something i know feck all about....

I hate mofo's that pull on you, i was playing someone ranked in the top 200 and had beaten him down to Zero energy and thrown a fireball at him that would have connected and KO'ed him. Focker Pulled. ft:

Great game though.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG

I hate mofo's that pull on you, i was playing someone ranked in the top 200 and had beaten him down to Zero energy and thrown a fireball at him that would have connected and KO'ed him. Focker Pulled. ft:
        Ouch ft:

When are you usually on? I'll keep an eye out for you sometime.

Comment

Most evenings from about 7pm till 10pm 8)

Comment

Well, I'm on whenever! lol. Just lost me job so I have all the time in the world. Anyone wanna take me on, ZeroRisk is the Tag!

It's a great game and I never in a million years expected to be playing my childhood arcade favourites online. Simply awesome!!!!

If the XBL games keep on like this, what chance do PS2 and GC have in catching up?

I haven't even thought about my PS2 or GC online. What about you guys?

Comment

Well i'd like to have all three consoles online but at the moment xbox live is satisfying all my needs. For a start getting PS2 and Cube online will need a initial shell out of cash and until something i want comes out like Mario Kart online i'm not bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroRisk
                Well, I'm on whenever! lol. Just lost me job so I have all the time in the world. Anyone wanna take me on, ZeroRisk is the Tag!

It's a great game and I never in a million years expected to be playing my childhood arcade favourites online. Simply awesome!!!!

If the XBL games keep on like this, what chance do PS2 and GC have in catching up?

I haven't even thought about my PS2 or GC online. What about you guys?
                Really CvS2 is the online game that has appealed to me, but I find the whole Live experience very well implemented. I will probably go online with GC and PS2 as well (for PSO and FF11 respectively).

I'll gladly take anyone on. Challenges is the only true way to improve, and as I said, even the last couple of days, mt technique has shown definite improvement. Give us a shout if you're online and I'll waste ya (tag = C dash)

Comment

Yeah, I aint considered the PS2 or GC online options yet. Maybe, if that 'must have' title comes out then I will dive in, but other than that, NAH!

I just got Capcom Vs SNK, must say that I have found it quite difficult. I have tried it with the old and 'S' controller and find the d-pad unusable. Now, no laughing here, I have been using the control stick on a normal controller. I have won 8 fights out of 15, so not bad really (and I had 1 tlt ditch on me). Have been a bit spawny and using Ryu, Ken and Goukki combo as they are the only 'specials' I know at the mo. Seems to play ok online but the way the voice chat breaks up (and whilst loading inbetween rounds) is a bit annoying,

Fun though

Trok

Comment

It's true the live aspect of the box has taken up far too much of my time,
                    mostly playing UC with eASY aDDICT and his mates cos they in the UK and it's fantastic by far the best online console experience i've had.

You can keep all the talk about who has sold the most network adapters on whatever console to yourself, All the console have online capability but only the xbox seems to keep it in as one cohesive experience and thay puts it head and shoulders above everything else multiplayer console wise...

Comment

Originally posted by Trok REAPER
                      Yeah, I aint considered the PS2 or GC online options yet. Maybe, if that 'must have' title comes out then I will dive in, but other than that, NAH!

I just got Capcom Vs SNK, must say that I have found it quite difficult. I have tried it with the old and 'S' controller and find the d-pad unusable. Now, no laughing here, I have been using the control stick on a normal controller. I have won 8 fights out of 15, so not bad really (and I had 1 tlt ditch on me). Have been a bit spawny and using Ryu, Ken and Goukki combo as they are the only 'specials' I know at the mo. Seems to play ok online but the way the voice chat breaks up (and whilst loading inbetween rounds) is a bit annoying,

Fun though

Trok
                      It's wierd with the pad situation. I like the button layout of the normal controller but the D-Pad was horrendous. S pad has a much better D_pad but requires the use of triggers which is something else I don't like. Overall I found S to be better though. I'm hoping a SC2 stick will be released for X-Box as well. That should solve all problems.

Comment

I've gotten used to the S Controller D-Pad and actually find it quite comfy. Not as good as the PS2 one, but it's useable.

What team's are some of you toying around with? Lately, I've been experimenting with a N-Groove combination of Kim, King and R2 Ken. It's been quite successful as of late, since I've won more than I've lost this weekend, which is a first.

Comment

Bleeders: Using a C Groove with Haomaru, Ken Ryu. Not doing too bad but I've forgotten more than I'll learn again about teh old 2D fighters. Shame really as I used to be unbeatable on SF and Samurai Shodown.....

Comment

Slightly off topic but has anyone played Marvel vs Capcom 2 on live? Oh, and does the Easy Operation thing become a pain in CvsSNK?

Horray first post! (on the new forum)

Comment

I've been P grooving it mostly. Occassionally go into C or N but P has teh P4rry.

Character wise I've been going through Cammy, Ryu, Ken, Rock, and Terry. However, it's my Iori that is becoming a bit of a monster. Once I corner an opponent he becomes relentless, and pounds until they can take no more.

My greatest moment was one player (who had given me some good, close fights and beat me more than I had beaten him) decided to humiliate me with a Level 4 Ultimate Rugal. My level 1 Cammy 0wned him whilst my other 2 characters liad back sunning themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X