Nintendo E reader + cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo E reader + cards

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could advise me on where to get an e reader still ? + cards to go with it

were these only made in usa/jap?

what cards are worth looking out for, what ones are rare ect?

thanks for your help
    Last edited by yesteryeargames; 28-11-2008, 14:10.

Nah, we had a bunch of them in Australia as well.

They were all on sale near the end of their life here.

$2 AUD per pack for games like Tennis, Donkey Kong etc.

The best bet would probably be Ebay now. Or Clearance bins.

Comment

just seen it on vg + £20 for the e reader, sadly postage makes it about £38 dliverd

Comment

lmao, they sell them here second hand for about $10 AUD.

You could also probably win a bulk lot with an E-reader, and a bunch of cards for next to nothing.

There is a brand new one for only $27 AUD, and it comes with Donkey Kong Jr.

Comment

It really depends on what games your interested in weither you want to go for a american or japanese ereader. All cards are region locked so you will need a matching ereader, also ereader cards that work with gba games are region locked to those too so you'll need a gba game from the matching region.

Btw what region cards does an australian ereader take as i havent even heard of them getting one.

Japan had quite a lot of ereader cards compared to the usa. Im not sure what the usa got in total but japan got the best cards. The only way you'll find japanese ereader cards nowdays is if you can bid on yahoo auctions japan via a proxy bidding service as they are pretty hard to find nowdays. Hell even when they came out they were hard to get hold of especially some series.

Heres some of the better ones....

Pikmin puzzle card-e, when linked with the gamecube version of pikmin 2 it allowed you to play 3 types of puzzle game. Pretty fun & addictive. Each card has 3 levels on it for you to scan in.

Super mario advance card-e, these also came out in america but they only got half the cards, these allowed you to play 32 new levels on super mario advance 4, you could have powerups that are not normally in the game like the cape feather & the boomerang & lots of extra rules like been able to pull veggies from the ground in mario 3 levels.

Fzero falcon densetsu card-e, when linked with the matching gba game it let you add extra characters, cards & courses. I have the cards but not the game so i cant tell if the courses were good or not.

Theres also a lot of other games that had either a few promo cards released for them or a full series.

Pokemon (all the gba versions) a lot of series & promo cards.
          Pokemon pinball, had a few promo cards.
          Rockman exe (i think from about exe 3 or 4) Lots of series & a few promo cards.
          Domokun's mysterious tv, had a promo card & also a stand alone series not related to the gba game.
          Hamtaro card-e, this was a stand alone series not related to any of the gba games.
          Mario vs dk, these were a promo series only 1000 sets made.
          Pokemon channel, there were some promo cards that used the ereader
          Animal forest, these had 4 series.
          Animal forest e+, these had 3 series.
          Pokemon colosseum, had a series.

Theres only a handfull of really rare ecards.

In america the rarest one is the E3 kirby prize card

In japan theres a few, mario vs donkey kong was a special 5 cards set given away as a competition prize in coro coro comics only 1000 made. There was a mario vs dk promo gaven away at the world hobby fair, & the rarest is a promo for mario advance card e, a shop only promo that was never meant to leave the shop, you were meant to take your gba game to the participating shop & have the level scanned in. Tried 3 times to win it on yahoo auctions & 3 times it's gone for way over £100+

If you want to see scans of some of the japanese series theres some on my site

Comment

love the gashapons J, where did you get them? Yahoo auctions?

Comment

Yeah some were off ebay & others off yahoo.

Comment

E-reader and E-reader+ cards aren't cross-compatible though are they?

Comment

If you have the newer e-reader+ then you can use both e & e+ cards. Its only the blue 1st version of the ereader that cant use e+ cards due to the size of the internal memory in it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Btw what region cards does an australian ereader take as i havent even heard of them getting one.
                    Just found my Australian ereader and remembered noticing this thread a few weeks ago.. looking on the (unopened) packet for DK Jr. that came with it they use US cards as it has information for Nintendo of America. The model number on the back of the reader is AGB-014.

I can't recall ever actually using it and only have it as I remember seeing it was dirt cheap on clearance in an EB while I was travelling around Oz in '04 so went for it - think I just paid AU$10/4 quid.

Comment

Some of the Pokemon ones are really good. The most common ones, the freebies Machop>Machamp>Machoke evolution, scan them through and youre presented with a lovely rock bashing mini game.

Its definately worth looking at and there isnt much demand for them (yet) either!

Comment

Hello chaps,

Great thread - it's just got my spending money and got me all giddy for new Nintendoey things I've missed in the past haha.

Sorry to hijack yesteryear's thread but I just wanted to make sure I've got all this region malarkey correct:

I've just bought a full set of JPN Hamtaro Card-E e-reader cards (I'm gay for hamtaro I swear!) - would I be right in saying I would need a JPN e-reader+ machine but my UK GBA-SP would be fine for playing it on?

Also, I've just bought a US e-reader which I intend on putting into my UK GBA-SP to read US Animal Crossing e-reader cards. Will the e-reader fit with my SP and be compatible ok? I assume then I just need a Gamecube>GBA link cable then?

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Comment

Yep, jpn e-reader, the cards themselves are region locked to a jpn or us e-reader device.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut View Post
                            Yep, jpn e-reader, the cards themselves are region locked to a jpn or us e-reader device.
                            Excellent, would I have to get the JPN e-reader or the JPN e-reader+ to play them? Are there any problems with them fitting in physically with my SP and will one of these cables be alright - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GAME-BOY-GBA-S...1%7C240%3A1318?

Comment

Originally posted by thebuddahman View Post
                              Also, I've just bought a US e-reader which I intend on putting into my UK GBA-SP to read US Animal Crossing e-reader cards. Will the e-reader fit with my SP and be compatible ok? I assume then I just need a Gamecube>GBA link cable then?
                              Yup ereader will fit fine in a gba sp, as for link cables it depends on the game or the cards. For animal crossing though a gba to gc link cable is fine. because the ereader goes in the bottom you connect the link cable to the gba itself & not the ereader. If you had an old style gba you would connect it to the ereader instead.

Originally posted by thebuddahman View Post
                              Excellent, would I have to get the JPN e-reader or the JPN e-reader+ to play them? Are there any problems with them fitting in physically with my SP and will one of these cables be alright - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GAME-BOY-GBA-S...1%7C240%3A1318?
                              Just get the ereader+ that will play everything thats out, the older ereader without the link port will only play certain cards.

That link cable on ebay should be ok but i can't say for sure as i use the official nintendo ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X