Phantasy Star MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantasy Star MD

I always used to think this was a bit of a rarity as it once fetched around the ?100 mark but lately I've seen loads of copies on eBay in France for around the ?30 mark. Not usually one for collecting (I tend to always buy to play) I figured that now might be the time to pick it up even though I'll never play it over the MS version. I just thought it'd be nice to have in my collection and at the prices it's going for, why not? So I took the plunge and put in an offer of $30 to one of the Japanese sellers, a very good seller I've used in the past. My offer was accepted and so I got it at a snip at just over ?20.

My question is: is Phantasy Star rare or not? Why the wild fluctuations in price? Was it a snip or was a warehouse of carts found at some point?

It's not very rare, I think it's been sold at around £25 for ages now. Surely you have to go way back to around 2001 or so for Phantasy Star MD to still be worth anything near that much? £20 is pretty good though considering the state of the exchange rate.

Personally I'd rather have the Mark III version (Japanese or Korean) over the MD re-release and you lose the FM sound which is one of the highlights of the original game.
    Last edited by mezzanine; 04-12-2008, 17:02.

Comment

Quick question, is thE ingame text Japanese or English?

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
        Quick question, is thE ingame text Japanese or English?
        Japanese

Comment

Working...
        X