Happy birthday,PC Engine CD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday,PC Engine CD!

I'm a little late,it was on 4th December.

20 years ago came out the first CD based system in History: PC Engine CD Rom system!

With Noriko & Fighting Street, le thats sytem created a new era: CD Games!
    Those 2 will remain the first 2 ever CD games in video game history!

Very advanced technology back at the time, Since Sega Mega CD only came out in 1991,and PC CD Games in 1990 maybe.?

CD musics were INCREDIBLE, Ys1&2 musics were heaven to listen in 1989 (it still is now , we had great animated/.cinematic intros, real "talking" dialogs!
    We could use it as a CD player, listen to all our PC Engine CD games music tracks (that nice attention disappeared with Saturn/PS1, forcing us to buy OSTs)

I will always remember those Japanese RPG milestones (Sorcerian&Emerald Dragon for PC-98, Far East of Eden 2), Ys 1,2,3,4 for Action-RPGs, incredible shooters (Gate of Thunder,Lords of Thunder,Spriggan 1&2,Macross 2036,Sapphire,Star Parodia,Nexzr,etc), Dracula X, great SNK fighting games conversion on Arcade CD (Fatal Fury 2,Fatal Fury Special,Art of Fighting, World Heroes 2),etc..
    The last game officially released o nthe system, Dead of The Brain 1&2, came out in 1999, 11 years later.

This system had great additions: Super CD games with Super System Card 3.0 in 1991, then Arcade Card Duo&Pro for playing Arcade CD games in 1994, letting us believe our system was always customized!

Great memories!

Originally posted by Adol View Post
    incredible shooters (Gate of Thunder,Lords of Thunder,Spriggan 1&2,Macross 2036,Sapphire,Star Parodia,Nexzr,etc)
    You left out the mighty Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou - an excellent PCE CD-ROM port!!

Comment

I'll have to plug the beast in to celebrate, one of the best in ever in design & game.

Maybe a few rounds of Martial Champion hah.

Comment

Strange, I was thinking of buying another Duo last night.

Is it fate? Is my gaming destiny out of my own hands?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          You left out the mighty Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou - an excellent PCE CD-ROM port!!
          Right,but there are so many titles i obviously forget some.
          I was talking about MY memories,and i didn't got Gradius 2 back at the time on PC Engine SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Adol View Post
            I was talking about MY memories,and i didn't got Gradius 2 back at the time on PC Engine SCD
            Fair enough, but if you're only referring to YOUR memories, then it kinda defeats the objective of you hosting a thread that attempts to get other people to join you in celebrating the PC Engine Super CD-ROMs 10th birthday, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Fair enough, but if you're only referring to YOUR memories, then it kinda defeats the objective of you hosting a thread that attempts to get other people to join you in celebrating the PC Engine Super CD-ROMs 10th birthday, no?
              No,it doesn't.
              I shared MY memories about Tengai 2,Ys 1,2,3,4,Emerald Dragon, and many shooters, from my experience,so that's why i forgot Gradius 2 (i could list the 400 or so CD titles, but that's not the point
              You're invited to share your memories AS WELL,and if it is about Gradius 2 Gofer, that's great!
              EVERYBODY is invited to post their thoughts about this system. ^^

Comment

I remember reading about it the gaming mag's , It looked like somthing for the space age and you really felt it was somthing from the future .I remember being amazed with the Mega CD and just the fact that the games came on CD's .

Great times , and its sad that there's no NEC or SEGA inthe console hardware game , both did wonders to move the industry forward imo

Comment

I will have a packet of `KP Skips` to celebrate.

Comment

are those KP skips 15 years old??

Comment

20 you mean!

Comment

Working...
                      X