Charlie Brookers Screenwipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Brookers Screenwipe

I've been watching this since it started a couple of years ago but never felt compelled to post it here until now.

I think this week episode on 'mission documentaries' is the funniest prog he's made. You get a biting disection of Gok Wan, Trinny & her mate plus a few more, and the bonus of Konnie Huq in a pisstake prog about men who can't pee in public. Its briliant stuff and made me laugh out loud in several places.

It repeated on bbcc4 at various times this weeks and of course on iPlayer, I'd recomend trying to see it.

Best Screenwipe ever
    "I am Konnie Huq, I'm 33 years old, but look about 9"

Comment

first two eps were great especially the advertising one, I switched off half way through the writer interview one though, but I'll tune in again. definitely a good watch.

Comment

I love brooker and often watch old parts of his shows on youtube. When on form he hits the target everytime with the some of best wordplay and criticism around.

Comment

I loved his Brittania High diss the other week where he said it looked like "a spawning point for enemies in a videogame".

Comment

Brooker's awesome. His put down of Carol Vorderman as a consonant, vowel, consonant, consonant had me in stitches.

Comment

Always loved brooker since his days from PC Zone back in the day. His criticisms of crap shows are pure entertainment but it's also thanks to him that I've watched The Wire and Deadwood. I think Mad Men might have to be next.

Shame his Tv project, Deadset, was a bit naff.

Comment

Mad men is great, both series. I only watched Battlestar Galactica because of his positive review on screenwipe.

I keep recalling half bits of dialogue from this weeks prog and may have to watch it again, describing a bus load of ropey topless birds on a Dawn Porter prog as being tragi-titted keeps making me laugh.

Comment

It was a good episode, but I really (really) enjoyed last week's one, where he interviewed a load of writers. It was a really interesting insight to the creative process.

Comment

Good episode, the advertising one was my favourite of this series. Was anyone else strangely aroused by the prospect of Konnie Huq peeing in that funnel? No? Just me? I'll get my coat.

Comment

Best show on UK TV probably. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai View Post
                        It was a good episode, but I really (really) enjoyed last week's one, where he interviewed a load of writers. It was a really interesting insight to the creative process.
                        Absolutely. Really un-screenwipe-y episode but it was very interesting. Certainly more than I'd thought it would be. Almost made me want to write something of my own.. and then I realized how much I suck at writing just about anything...

Comment

I've seen this a few times now but I thought I may as well post it here as the show has a thread now.

Comment

Originally posted by honeymustard View Post
                            Best show on UK TV probably. I love it.
                            I agree with you there. The man is fing hilarious and intelligent.

Comment

You have died of dysentery!

Also hit in the head with an Xbox 360.

Comment

Working...
                              X