The Spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spirit

Frank Miller's new film based on the newspaper strip The Spirit created by Will Eisner. Trailer can be viewed here:

Has a Sin City vibe going on but looks really good.

Frank Miller's SIN CITY

Frank Miller's 300

Will Eisn..

...Frank Miller's The Spirit

Comment

Can't wait for this film tbh. Watched the trailer again just on Front Row... CAN .. NOT... WAIT...

Comment

I think this looks awful from the trailers. Apparently a scene was screened at Comic Con or something recently, and it was horrendous

And I say that a signed, fully paid up Miller fanboy.

Comment

The Spirit

New film by Frank Miller based on the comic books by Will Eisner

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Since i love anything with Frank Millers name attached to it i cant wait!

Out Jan 1st

Comment

I am - Hercules!! Jondough's seen “The Spirit," an adaptation of Will Eisner's seminal funnybook character. It's from Frank Miller, one of the fellows who wrote and directed “Sin City." Miller also contributed to the...

Great review here, sounds AMAZE!!!1

Comment

doh

im still gonna go see it lol

Comment

The trailer looks great, Sam bussing off his guns made me want to go see it, even if its just to laugh at it...

Comment

Saw the trailers when I was in Vegas last week & I actually think it looks good.

It's kinda like a Sin City 1.5 which is perfect to tide me over till Sin City 2 arrives the year after

I tend to ignore most reviews anyway, simply because my opion of whats good isnt the same as a Paid journalist who has to look at everything a little too critically.

I'll still be there on release date to watch...Scarlett Johansson & Eve Mendes are in it after all & if that isnt enough reason to go watch it anyway then nothing will sway you lol

Comment

Some clips here...I fear that not even EDGAR STYLZ!!1 can save this

Comment

Never read a Spirit book - they were too expensive/weird/older for my taste, the Octopus for example was a pair of talking gloves !?! The B+W styling ala SIN CITY is starting to get a little old now, I want me retinas burning out not straining to see whats happening on screen.

Gotta luv that review, deffo needs to get a life. I'll wait until someone that can string together a cohesive sentence/argument before taking notice of any reviews. Unfortunately, it only takes one movie in a certain genre, ie SUPERHERO to flop bigtime and all the others in pre-production may stall or be put on hold - AVENGERS (?) - HULK 2 (?)

I think at one point MILLER did appear to lose the plot. Anyone that read DK2 (particularly bad) + All Star BM+R, which I don't think I would have bothered with if not for the J.Lee art. He's definately been living on past glories - it's very easy to be a big fish in a small pond (comics) .

Comment

If the movie is anywhere near as bad as that review we're in trouble. Are there any reviews that haven't been written by a bellend?

Comment

I thought it looked completly daft and over stylised in the trailers i've seen. I was going to give this a miss anyway.

Comment

seen this today and while i can see why people wouldnt like it i really enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by gamerade View Post
                              Never read a Spirit book - they were too expensive/weird/older for my taste
                              You really should get the older Eisner works! Check out the Spirit Archives: Vol 1-4 and vol 11-26. The first few volumes are more like Dick Tracy. It's Eisner's post WWII work that is totally unique (try volume 12 onwards).

They're fantastic; entertaining stories and amazing artwork. Here's the Barrier essay. If that doesn't get you hungry, then I don't know what will.

Originally posted by gamerade View Post
                              the Octopus for example was a pair of talking gloves !?!
                              Yes. Look what they've done to him in the movie!

Comment

Working...
                              X