X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your Christmas Tree 2008

Well it is an NTSC-UK tradition...

Here's mine.

Lack of presents underneath at the moment - last minute Christmas shopping FTW!1
    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 20-12-2008, 20:35.

Ta Da

Comment

Then there was three

Comment

...and on the second day there was a fourth; bringing wonderous gifts...
        Attached Files

Comment

[URL=http://

Comment

Comment

Lots of nice trees... here's mine:

Comment

There should be an award given for the most 'Bob Cratchett' tree on the forum.. the one that looks most pathetic and induces the most sympathy for the owner.

I think I might win it. How many of the above are real trees btw? Back home I would swear by having a rel one or nothing, but in Japan that's obviously a pipe dream.

Actually I need some advice - I got the last set of fairy lights on the shelf yesterday, decorated my tree, went out for the evening and left it on so we could see it from the window when we came home.

When I cam beack half the lights had stopped working. On inspection, two of the bulbs had blown.. so I replaced those ones, but there are still a bunch that won't light up despite no obvious duds. I only have a few more spare bulbs

Some of them have a blob of red on the bulb, I think this means they are some kind of fuse? I also thought all the lights were wired in series so if one goes, everything after them goes too.. but I have checked and the first 'non working' bulb comes right after a working, 'red blob' bulb.

Can anyone advise?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                  There should be an award given for the most 'Bob Cratchett' tree on the forum.. the one that looks most pathetic and induces the most sympathy for the owner.

(To be fair this is just the one in the house and I go home to my parents for christmas every year where there will be a proper bo setup, we just don't have that many decorations here and no-one stays over christmas, so its pointless doing that much apart from a few lights. This is a plant thing we have in the lounge all the year round so we erm .. made it into a tree)
                  Last edited by kernow; 22-12-2008, 02:52.

Comment

Can anyone advise?
                    Heys Dar, really don't know the economy status in Japan. We have around 9 sets of lights in our living room, once one goes, they're more hassle then they are worth, cost about £3.99 in the UK. If its the equivilant in Japan, bite the bullet and buy a new set. Sorry if that is **** advice.

And nice trees!

Comment

it's not the cost so much as the availability... after Dec 20th all the shops have got rid of the chrimbo stuff and replaced it with new year decorations. although lights cost in the region of 2000-5000 yen, so not cheap

Comment

Maybe just play around with the blighters. We have a few sets die or partially die every year. I know its a pain. Wish I could help you. Sorry, Dar

Comment

I think I might win it. How many of the above are real trees btw? Back home I would swear by having a rel one or nothing, but in Japan that's obviously a pipe dream.
                          I'm guessing the first one (Spagmasterswift's) is real. It looks a bit wayward and irregular like real trees do. The rest are probably plastic; mine certainly is.

We persevered with real ones for a couple of years but it's too much of a hassle, since we're always away for a few days to visit parents and relatives and that's enough to kill the tree by dehydration. Not to mention that it's a pain to dispose of a real tree (which by that time is dropping needles with great fury) when you're living in a flat a couple of floors up.

Comment

I do love the smell of a real tree though. We haven't even got a tree this year as we shall be away from Christmas Eve right through to after New years day.
                            We have some decorations up, but with a new, young dog we have to be careful where they hang.

Comment

Originally posted by elektronhjarnan View Post
                              I'm guessing the first one (Spagmasterswift's) is real. It looks a bit wayward and irregular like real trees do. The rest are probably plastic; mine certainly is.
                              Yep, its an odd-ish shape because I had to lay it down in the alley to saw the bottom off so it would go into the stand we had from last year - I always go for a real tree if I can, Santa gives you more presents if you do!

Nice trees guys, keep em coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X