Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Scope Trilogy (Part 3 in particular)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silent Scope Trilogy (Part 3 in particular)

Hi there, any other fans of shooting bad guys in the head with high powered sniper rifles?,
    me i love the series, all be it a glorified shooting gallery.
    I have part one on the Dreamcast and ps2, and parts two and three also on the ps2, although part three hasn't arrived yet as Ive just bought it anyone played part three? Is it any good?
    as i understand it part three also contains a conversion of the Silent Scope EX coin op too (or at least the Japanese version anyway) looking forwards to getting my hands on it must highly recommend the gba version of the first Silent Scope which is an amazing conversion!

Part three's still pretty cool, though I prefer the less flashy feel of the original. I had SS on DC and really loved it, but instead of getting all the PS2 titles individually, I plumped for the Silent Scope Trilogy on XBox instead, which is a great compilation.

Comment

Yes, the Xbox version has the EX addition too...
      Mine's on its way, I'm curious, as I haven't played any but the first...

btw, on the DC there was a Chinese made light gun that worked for Silent Scope, it emulated the mouse.
      Last edited by Shinebi; 22-12-2008, 09:52.

Comment

I'v got that Xbox disc sitting here at home. I havn't played it for a while, but after reading this I rekon I may have a shot again.

I remember always enjoying the first one the most, but then I used to play it in the arcade, and then on the dreamcast.

I even bought one of those sniper rifle lightguns for the Xbox to play Silent Scope with, but it was quite cumbersome. On the plus side it made a great shotgun for House of The Dead 3!

Comment

Was just wondering if it worked on the Xbox with the gun also!
          What brand is it? Might track it down...

Comment

That's the bad boy there. It's pretty huge as far as lightguns go, but you can detach the rest, front of the gun, and scope section for your House of The Dead shotgun.

I havn't used it in a while, but the idea is that when you look through the scope it detects what you are doing and zooms in. I remember I had to put the brightness up for it to work (and one of the reviews on the linked page seems to confirm this).

I remember it being far easier to use the joypad, but I'll have a go later and report back.

Comment

I suppose this only works on CRT tv's? Wouldn't mind one but my xbox is hooked up to an LCD monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                That's the bad boy there.
                ...yes.. that's ugly.

Any other games which support light guns on the Xbox? Don't think so...
                Sorry for the thread jack...

EDIT: apparently Starsky & Hutch.. bugger
                Last edited by Shinebi; 22-12-2008, 15:11. Reason: found one

Comment

I wasn't keen on the home versions of the games, i bought one of those sniper rifles too but it still didn't feel right. Absolutely loved the arcade versions though. I missed the first half hour of Van Helsing in my local cinema because i was so engrossed in playing Silent Scope in the arcade lounge .

Comment

For JPN PS2 SS2 freaking rocks! Part 1 and 3 however are not so fantastic. 1 because you cannot edit the control scheme and 3 is just a bit meh I reckon.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Have only ever played the first one in arcade and on DC but it is great fun.
                      Don't forget to target, but not shoot, the ladies for a nice 1Up

Comment

Working...
                      X