Phantasy Star IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantasy Star IV

I just started to play this, i've always wanted to. Its my first time with a proper Phantasy Star game and I keep hearing about how great this game, so what do you guys think? Am i really in for a treat?

Also any good tips for a beginner of the series? Like best Macros to start off with etc.
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 28-12-2008, 23:39.

Played some more of this today, got almost everyone up to lvl 10. The spell names are throwing me off a bit, but i do love the humour and anime cutscenes. Really nice.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between techs and spells? I know you can only use the techs a couple of times, can you replenish them though?

Comment

I bought this a couple of months ago having heard so many good things about the series but I just couldn't get into it. The constant music started to drive me mad after a few minutes and really ruined the whole thing for me. If there was a way to turn it off I think I could get into the game a bit more. I really don't want to give up on it but I can't get over the sound track. Anyone else feel like this?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
        I bought this a couple of months ago having heard so many good things about the series but I just couldn't get into it. The constant music started to drive me mad after a few minutes and really ruined the whole thing for me. If there was a way to turn it off I think I could get into the game a bit more. I really don't want to give up on it but I can't get over the sound track. Anyone else feel like this?
        Just turn down the volume...

I frequently play games with the sound off, and just have my music on instead. Nice way of enjoying both of my main hobbies to the max in the limited free time I get.

Comment

I kind of like the music lol. Its not mind destroying bad like Wario Land on the wii.

Comment

I kind of went through a 'compression phase' with Megadrive RPGs in the mid-90s. I don't remember this being amazing (it hasn't left a mental mark) but remember preferring it to the other MD PS games, even the so-called 'classic' second instalment, which was well-Steve Davis.

Having said that, my fave MD RPG was Sword Of Vermilion, runner-up being Exile, and they were both quite arcadey-based, unlike the stat-y Phantasy Stars.

Comment

I'm still playing it and totally lovin' it. Its definetly a game well ahead of its time. The macro system for example is something you won't really see again till the late nineties or early 2000. Mustn't forget the combo system either.

Loving the story and characters a hell of alot too, something dramatic just happened which i didn't see coming especially for a

female character

Comment

Working...
              X