Help me remember a Megadrive stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me remember a Megadrive stick

I remember a long time ago, either importing via mail order or buying from my local game shop (which sold imports) a joystick for my JPN Megadrive. I think I may have originally spied it in a CVG magazine. This wouldn't be long after the initial release of the console in Japan. I'm about 99% sure the stick was from Japan.

I can barely remember the actual stick so try to bear (or is it bare?) with me. The stick was 3rd party. I remember the form was not far off the tradional home arcade sticks of today, a rectangular shape base, but smaller than those we see today. I think the stick itself was a back on a stick. The colour scheme of the stick was mostly black with orange details... possible the stick ball and lines surrounding buttons (I'm guessing a little here though). Definately black with some orange.

It only had three buttons, but I think there was a rapid fire switch for them.

The stick may have come from a range that was released by the company which I also can't remember.

Hope someone can put me out of my misery and show me a picture or two. Or even show me how I've got it all wrong and it was a peripheral for the GX4000 sold only by EthelAustin
    Last edited by hudson; 29-12-2008, 16:43.

I guess it wasn't the official one?

Comment

Jesus christ no I'm sure that came out much later.. around the PAL release?

The base was like a rectangle shape. It was third party.

Comment

Sounds like an xe1 to me, cant find any pics but it was a decent looking stick for MD (and pce i think?) that all the importers in Mean Machine etc had for sale.

Comment

I think you could be right. I think they were also made for PC Engine. Time to google.

Comment

I think this was from the same stick range. This is the PCE stick.
            Who was the manufacturer?

Comment

Thats what i was thinking of, that one and the 3 button md version were all over the place. Cant help with who made them tho?

Comment

You played your part in this conundrum, my friend. I now await the Yakumo dude and the Duddyroars of this place to help with the conundrumings. Excurse me, I'm a bit pished. Hic

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                Thats what i was thinking of, that one and the 3 button md version were all over the place. Cant help with who made them tho?

Comment

Thanks to SuperDanX for putting me on the trail. After a bit more googliing, the company that made these sticks are called MICOMSOFT. Seems they just make TV equipment now.

Still can't find an image of the Megadrive stick.
                  Last edited by hudson; 30-12-2008, 00:25.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                    I think this was from the same stick range. This is the PCE stick.
                    Who was the manufacturer?

That stick is made by Micomsoft, the same company that makes the RGB boxes for the Mega Drive and Neo Geo They also made a very cool looking analogue stick that works with the likes of Afterburner, Galaxy Force II and After Burner III on the Mega CD.

Yakumo

EDIT: Bugger, I should have read the post above first. Oh well.

Comment

Finally found a pic of it.

There's one on ebay at the moment costing a fair bit of moolah.

Comment

Wise from your gwave! Hello mr hoolak ncsxshop has a whole bunch of these, loads of 'em, brand new! on there ebay shop if you still want one? Mite get one myself?
                        Last edited by SuperDanX; 14-06-2009, 09:42. Reason: Ncsx not vg+

Comment

Advanced Console Entertainment used to run ads in CVG/MM that displayed that stick. Glad you found it in the end!

Comment

Working...
                          X