Could you power slide in Mario Kart 64?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you power slide in Mario Kart 64?

I know you can in the wii, DS and GBA versions as I've been playing them recently, but I'll ve buggered if i'm digging my N64 out of the loft. Was Mario Kart 64 the first game in the series to feature power sliding?

Wasn't it DD? I can't remember, thought you could only hop in mk64

I dunno, kinda gave up on the series.

Comment

I think Kernow's right with DoubleDash. That and snaking in F-Zero on the Cube spoilt time trialling on both series

Comment

You've been able to powerslide since the SFC game. The N64 one added the 'hop' however.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The N64 introduced the "boost" you got from doing the hop 'n' waggle technique, yes. Though as J0e says, you could "powerslide" in Super Mario Kart, but there was no boost to be gained from it.

Comment

I was sorta thinking about the 'new' version of the slide I guess.

Comment

You could slide and hop since the SNES days but as said the 64 gave the boost thing.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                You could slide and hop since the SNES days but as said the 64 gave the boost thing.
                Wrong. SFC had no hop. It's already been covered anyway .
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  Wrong. SFC had no hop.
                  What? Yes it does. You can even take the corners by hopping instead of power sliding...

Comment

I'm pretty certain that you had to hop to get into a slide on the SFC version. Either way, you could definitely hop as you had to do it to get certain shortcuts I think.

Comment

Think the feather was for shortcuts.

Comment

Wrong. It did have a hop. And you could use it for some shortcuts with a mushroom.

Comment

If this ain't hopping in SMK I'd like to know what is...

Well this is my video of driving the mushroom cup i didnt use load and save states, so the video is real hope you like it ;)

But yeah, the boost from power sliding only came in on the N64 version.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                          X