What you doing for New Years Eve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you doing for New Years Eve?

Me and the missus will be staying in (apart from Holliss Cabs trips to drop off and collect the daughter). Never been a big fan of NYE must admit, the expense/ queuing/ overcrowding/ freezing temperatures are four reasons that spring to mind immediately.

Enough of my humbugness, wot about you lot?

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
    Me and the missus will be staying in (apart from Holliss Cabs trips to drop off and collect the daughter). Never been a big fan of NYE must admit, the expense/ queuing/ overcrowding/ freezing temperatures are four reasons that spring to mind immediately.
    Ditto.

Takeaway and dvd, with a few beers.

What's to celebrate? Nearly the end of the Christmas hols, and miserable January arriving. New Year always signals the death knell for Christmas so I hate it!

Comment

I rekon I'm staying in too. Almost every Hogmany I venture out turns into ****, so I think I will just treat it as a normal night.

I think the wife's friend is maybe coming over for some drinks. I had this idea this morning that I should have organised a big guitar hero/ rock band party, but I'v proberly left it too late

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

What's to celebrate? Nearly the end of the Christmas hols, and miserable January arriving. New Year always signals the death knell for Christmas so I hate it!
        That too. I love christmas, but new year is nothing but it's "minky" counterpart.

Comment

Drinks with family, followed by drinks with friends. Followed by bedtime, followed by a fry up on Thursday morning. Followed by afternoon beers when the fry up doesn't take the hangover away, followed by a few hours on the 360. Followed by the weekend.
          Great stuff. Cheer up you miserable lot.

Comment

Heh, some of us have work on Friday, that'll just be the icing on the cake lol.

Comment

Working 12 hour nightshift tonight with a 23:30 start.

Comment

Are you a barman?

Comment

I have to get the 6:15pm train from Ipswich to Liverpool Street tomorrow morning so - as awfully dull as it sounds - I will be going round a friends until 9-10pm then make my way home to get some much needed sleep. And I won't be able to drink much either...

Working on New Years Eve (and New Years Day) really does suck.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
                    Are you a barman?

I work with freight trains on the railway but also deal with ballast trains on engineering works.

Comment

Hogmanay should always be about sitting on kitchen chairs in someone's living room, having a laugh and a sing-song. I've never been one for going out on NYE, doesn't seem right, especially the idea of paying money to freeze my arse off in a street party.

Going to my cousin's this year ... it's a Hawaiian theme night. :S I'm just back from a fruitless traipse around Glasgow looking for summerwear.

Comment

For all those working I present to you, the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                          Never been a big fan of NYE must admit, the expense/ queuing/ overcrowding/ freezing temperatures are four reasons that spring to mind immediately.

Hate new year,same as above(people all over you/wishing you a happy new year... yeah right, the same people who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire any other time in the year).

Am staying in watching Family Guy season 7 and then The king of Kong

Comment

We went to the temple down the road, drank some sake and laughed at the people queuing to pray in the freezing cold.
                            Before that, we listened to people ring the big shrine bell and we tried to name a sinful thought/deed for each.
                            Funniest ones:
                            "Not peeing on someone who's on fire"
                            "Laughing at someone who stands too close to the fire in synthetic fabric and catches on fire"
                            "Not watching Reality TV shows but still voting people off"
                            "Disrepecting your elders, except your [insert relative here] who's a tw*t"

How we laughed.

Comment

Buffet food in with friends and a lot of booze and warmth

and no chavs or fighting

Comment

Working...
                              X