Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan 09 Transfer Window

Let battle commence

Looks like City have started the new squad purchase with the not at all mercenary Wayne Bridge: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/7807951.stm

Don't forget Man U's two Serbian buys (Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic) today

Forgot to add that the BBC are listing all transfers (by UK clubs) here in date order
    BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Last edited by VR46; 02-01-2009, 13:20.

Comment

Defoe is a turncoat wankhead and will be leaving, i wouldnt spit in his face, terrible person.

Recent weeks he's been kissing the badge etc, first sign of trouble though and he wants out.

He did similar at West Ham handing in a transfer request the day they went down, if no big bids come in adams should let him rot in the reserves and ruin his england chances.

Comment

Ignoring the abuses would Defoe do well for Aston Villa if he join them ? I am not sure if he is suitable.

Comment

He is fast - and that seems to be a good match for Villa's style at present. I think Villa need something different though (ie like Carew....) to enable Gabby to run. I am really not sure Agbonlahor can play with defoe, Defoe is quite similar but more experienced. I think GA will be better given a few more years. I think Villa would be better with Crouchinho if everyone really wants to gut Pompey!

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
            Let battle commence

Looks like City have started the new squad purchase with the not at all mercenary Wayne Bridge: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/7807951.stm
            To be fair he has been at chelsea for 5 years and he hasn't been getting the starts.

Comment

I find it unfair to allude to Bridge being a mercenary when he has become third choice in his position.

Comment

ironic in that chelsea are the masters at mercenarism

Comment

Bridge has not exactly been starting but he would not move before...until an even bigger paymaster came in. Bridge, I am sure, could have moved earlier if his motivation was, for instance, improving himself, getting a regular spot for England etc. he had alll the capability but became happy to pick his pay up and train.

Comment

Defoe;

Comment

Bowyer has gone to Birmingham City on loan until end of the season

Not much else going on in the transfer market at the minute

Comment

Surprisingly quiet in Manchester. Utd have spent more than City this month!

Comment

Just how high will Man City go to land Kaka ?

Comment

He wont leave milan for ****ty not in a million years , he wont make the mistake robinho made when he thought he was joining Utd and got sent to city, Kaka will just look at the prem table and think its not all about the money.

Comment

Would hope so, but these kind of figures (if any where near true) take some saying no to both for player and club

Originally posted by BBC
                              A City delegation has been in Milan and reportedly made a bid in the region of 100m euros, with a weekly wage of £500,000 for the player.

Comment

Working...
                              X