Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

storage boxes for consoles and peripherals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

storage boxes for consoles and peripherals?

A whole generation of 8 to 32bit gaming needs sorting and boxing - what storage boxes would a man use for such a task?

The £3 under bed things from Wilkinsons are great for games, but the larger versions have sides that are too angled for fragile cardboard boxes. Do you use super strong cardboard, or is there a good plastic solution out there?

I use the ones they came in...
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Imagine you have lots more of those boxes, and need something to put them in. So they can be safely stacked up, and stored away.

Comment

I double wrap them in industrial green "black" bags and put them in the loft.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, I have some like that, but they tend to get battered over time when moving stuff around. Also using some cardboard storage boxes, but they are falling apart now. I would have thought some peoples here would have solved the same problem before now

The other option is to start junking things... hrm.

Comment

Really Useful Boxes from Really Useful Products Ltd. Innovative storage products - strong, versatile plastic storage boxes, archive boxes & accessories including folding trolleys and racking.

I use those, good quality, and stack nice and tidy.

Comment

I use these for most of my attic storage. Well, more accurately the older ones which were perfectly sized to fit 2 cd cases side by across the width. The new ones aren't quite as good size wise as I think they have been re-sized to fit blu-ray box size.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00129970

Comment

I use double-wall cardboard boxes. There's normally loads lying around in my local newsagent's so they're free too! Just put a bit of bubble wrap in them, add console etc, job done.
                Also if your attic gets hot in the Summer months, and freezing cold in the Winter, you might want to consider storing them somewhere else. Those temperature extremes can't be doing the electronics any good, and White/ Grey plastics have a tendency to go yellow when exposed to heat for long periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldgamingfart View Post
                  I use double-wall cardboard boxes. There's normally loads lying around in my local newsagent's so they're free too! Just put a bit of bubble wrap in them, add console etc, job done.
                  Also if your attic gets hot in the Summer months, and freezing cold in the Winter, you might want to consider storing them somewhere else. Those temperature extremes can't be doing the electronics any good, and White/ Grey plastics have a tendency to go yellow when exposed to heat for long periods of time.
                  If only there was anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by superstarbeejay View Post
                    If only there was anywhere else.
                    My house...

Comment

Chuck them all away, they're to be played, not collected.

Comment

Originally posted by SS004 View Post
                        http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/

I use those, good quality, and stack nice and tidy.
                        They look pretty nifty, I'll check those out.

I had a look at what Tesco offered, but they are similar to the generic Wilkinson ones, although more expensive. I might have to end up with ~ 100 litre ones with the angled sides and make the best of it, I do have piles of bubble wrap lying around.

Those Ikea boxes are interesting, but too small for what I'm after really. I do have a couple of their larger plastic boxes, but the lids are loose on those.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo View Post
                          Chuck them all away, they're to be played, not collected.
                          Witty...

... the reason they are getting battered is that they are regularly swapped around and played.

Double walled cardboard is probably the best choice, if I could find a place to buy some larger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut View Post
                            Double walled cardboard is probably the best choice, if I could find a place to buy some larger ones.
                            Try here, or maybe eBay?

Comment

Ah nice, that is the sort of thing I'm looking for (I think). Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X