Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here play FFXI online?

Hi All

I've been playing ffxi since just after christmas but I am only really getting into it properly as of late. Now level 11 Since my English speaking LinkShell has just disbanded (NeoGundan), it would be great to Party with any NTSC-UK folks.

Send me a PM, Reply or do a /tell buggalugs in the game.

With the imminent release of the addon pack this game is only going to get better. It's my first mmorpg and I'm very impressed.

Cheers

FB

Guilty as charged

I didn't realise NeoGundan had disbanded

I take it you're on Ragnarok as thats the only place I know the NG ls to exist. Try the RadientLight ls, that has quite a few English speaking players on there. Send a /tell Aseuk and see if he'll let you join. I haven't been playering much over the last week but I should be on there over the weekend.

When I get on there I'll send you a tell.

Send a /tell to Riskbreaker or Ricochet if you want to contact me on Ragnarok.

Comment

I've got the PC version arriving Thursday/Friday.

I'll try and get a Ragnarok WP from ffxionline.com

Hope to see you guys online soon.

Cheers,
      --Ed

Comment

This game blows me away each time I play it. The gfx are soo beatifull on my Radeon. It's my first MMORPG and I think it's a great starting point.

Ed-Epistaxis give us a shout when your online and I'll show you around. I'm in Bastok but there are others all around Ragnarok.

Roll on the expansion pack and summoners!!

FB

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Bob
          This game blows me away each time I play it. The gfx are soo beatifull on my Radeon. It's my first MMORPG and I think it's a great starting point.

Ed-Epistaxis give us a shout when your online and I'll show you around. I'm in Bastok but there are others all around Ragnarok.

Roll on the expansion pack and summoners!!

FB
          Thanks very much, I certainly will

See you online soon (I hope, I want it now...)

--Ed

Comment

were did u guys buy it from?

is it the pc version ur playing?

How much did it cost you?

Is it in english?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle
              were did u guys buy it from?

is it the pc version ur playing?

How much did it cost you?

Is it in english?
              Tokuda, PC version, ?55, Japanese.

--Ed

Comment

nice one is there a us version coming out>?

how easy is it to understand?

is there like a hunter lience?

Comment

Is this being released in europe.

Also do you use a controller to move your character or just click a mouse to move.

Comment

US release date is November time. Apparently it'll get a Europe release but god only knows when.

You use keyboard and mouse with the PC version by default. I've bought a USB to PS2 pad adaptor, using a PS2 pad is the best method for playing this game.

Comment

Ok, I'm (finally) all set up. I've created a new character in Windhurst (well, it was a Tarutaru, and I want to get that cool bangle that you get for starting in your home nation) but I'm considering recreating in Bastok. I'm totally, 100% lost at the moment ! I guess I'll get the hang of it eventually...

--Ed

Comment

Well, I recreated in Bastok which seems to be a much more newbie-friendly place. Lots more people there than were in Windhurst, that's for sure! Still not very far though - I've managed to find my Mog House and get killed twice . When are you next planning to be on? It'd be great to meet up, I need some help . /tell Melru if you want to contact me.

Cheers,
                        --Ed

Comment

Are you on Ragnarok Ed?

If so, when you hit lvl 15ish join a party and make your way to San'Doria (can go at lvl 10ish, and you can venture solo, but the journey is perilous). There's normally more players in and around San'Doria and Jeuno than Windhurst and Bastok.

Here's a forum for UK FFXI players:

thats me, the hume at the front

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle
                            nice one is there a us version coming out>?

how easy is it to understand?

is there like a hunter lience?
                            The games interface is all in Japanese, but if you have a half decent memory and visit one of the decent FFXI sites you can grasp alot of it. After a few hours play the interface will be quite easy to remember, its similar to the standard FF template.

The hardest things to get to grips with are the quests and missions, this game does have a storyline which is portrayed completely through Japanese text. You can get translations online which explain everything, but basically whatever you're prepared to put into the game, you'll get out of it.

There is a monthly fee, which is about ?7 last time I checked my statement You have to arrange as part of the game setup, which is probably one of the hardest tasks you'll have. The installation is lengthy and difficult.

If you're considering a purchase go here first:

and read everything to get an idea of what to expect, this site covers translations, setup (PS2 and PC) and has some good gameplay tips.

Also go to the forum I mentioned in the post above and talk to some other importers and finally:

has Japanese phrases and words to help you out chatting to Japanese players and joining JP parties, if you don't know any japanese like moi.

has other good translations and tips.

Its not easy if you don't know any Japanese, but as I said what you put in, you'll get out. Spend sometime on these sites and you'll enjoy the game alot more plus there's plenty of English speaking importers once you get on there.

Comment

Good to see Melru (ed) in Bastok. Haven't met Riskbreaker yet but this game just gets better and better. I'd be very interested to see what people make of it on its US release. Even though there is loads of Jap text I still get sooo much out of this game. There are times when you can't quite believe you eyes at how good a game this is.

The english people in RadiantLight are all more than willing to help with any problems you have and If you have the PC version the setup hassle is minimal. It's also a great way to meet Jap people and learn basic Kanji.

Highly recommended

Fat Bob (Buggalugs)

Comment

Working...
                              X