[Jan/Feb] Shogo Mobile Armor Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Jan/Feb] Shogo Mobile Armor Division

Download the best classic and new games on Windows, Mac & Linux. A vast selection of titles, DRM-free, with free goodies and 30-day money-back guarantee.

250MB download. $6

It's a giant robot FP shooty game for the PC, released in 1998, so should run on most people's PCs. Even mine.

Who's bought it? Who's playing it? What do you think? I'll be getting this one.

This was one of the first games I bought the moment that I heard about GoG.

Still one of my favourite first person shooters of all time, though it took me a little while when I first played it to realise that I was very very big, and everything else was very very small. I remember being a little bit puzzled as to why I was shooting very tiny people.

I was young when it first came out though...

It's still quite fun to play today. Nothing great or special, but still very fun.

Comment

This game was shown to me by a friend who had a monster pc with twin sli 3dfx cards and had justfinished showing me quake 2 in Opengl. My jaw was on the floor the whole time. I think I saw unreal and Sin for the first time that day aswell.

Basically I left his house planning on robbing a bank to build my own pc gaming beast.

Comment

Played back in the day, never really amazed by it.
        FPS parts on foot where inferior to Quake II and "pure" FPSes, robot-piloting parts didn't knew if they wanted to emulate MechWarrior or other FPSes.
        Art direction was one for the first examples of westeners trying to copy Japan's way to draw and style human figures and mechas, something I really hate.

Comment

i loved this game when it came out! will be buying it immediately!

Comment

played this game on wireplay back in the day, was the club captain for the game, we held weekly tournies, and my only claim to fame was was representing the england team when we took on the rest of the world at the playing fields.......................... wish i didnt have a naff laptop i loved this game, used to love the red riot weapon, ah the memories

Comment

Scary, I was literally just given a copy of this by a mate who was having a bit of a clearout! Guess I had better get around to installing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                This game was shown to me by a friend who had a monster pc with twin sli 3dfx cards and had justfinished showing me quake 2 in Opengl. My jaw was on the floor the whole time. I think I saw unreal and Sin for the first time that day aswell.

Basically I left his house planning on robbing a bank to build my own pc gaming beast.
                HAHA it's so true. I remember playing the demo off a coverdisc (remember those?) and wanting to cry because it was probably the first game my Pentium MMX-233Mhz with 3Dfx Voodoo 1mb, couldn't run on the highest settings :'(

Comment

Love this game, it was one of the first FPS games that I really got to grips with, previous to this I was never a fan of the genre, but this converted me. I still keep the disc to hand and load it on all my installs. I must have played this through well over a dozen times, in fact I think it's probably the only game since the dreamcast days that I've ever bothered playing right through from start to finish more than once.

Comment

Just a plain awesome game, I can't believe they never did a sequal.

It was just so great to see a western developer do the anime style so well and also create an original anime world with fantastic characters that wouldn't be out of place in any japanese anime or manga.

They should have forgot about doing a FEAR sequal and done and nice revamp of this!

Heres the awesome opening movie, i listened to it waaaay to much when i had the game lol

Best game trailer ever. Very old but best, with sound.\/ Lyrics \/thx moondark for lyricsNemoto Miho: NEGAI (Wish) lyricshashirinuku tsuyoi senaka ga konna y...

Edit : just remembered that level where you have to find the cat, running around with a toy in your hand that said something like "MAGICCLAW" when you squeezed it, lol great game.
                    Last edited by NeoDragoN; 14-01-2009, 00:29.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                      HAHA it's so true. I remember playing the demo off a coverdisc (remember those?) and wanting to cry because it was probably the first game my Pentium MMX-233Mhz with 3Dfx Voodoo 1mb, couldn't run on the highest settings :'(
                      was ur voodoo an orchid? if yes, we had the same setup and same cover disc!

shogo homeage! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qgjHuZ...eature=related
                      Last edited by zeroboo; 14-01-2009, 12:06.

Comment

Mine was a Guillemot. I bought it for just under £100 (which took me aaaaages to save) from the local Game of all places. That was when Game shops were all black and chrome with moody lighting, as opposed to brightly-lit and full of clueless parents.

Comment

Loved this game, only recently sold it or gave it to someone for nowt on here iirc.
                          Used to play it on my twin 12MB Voodoo2 cards Decent game, really good fun, the intro got on my tits though as it seemed out of place.

Comment

I'm sure shogo is available as a legitimate free full download somewhere. Not the demo, but the full game. I remember a mate sent me the link to it about 12 months ago as he loved it.

I'll have a scout round

Comment

We had an Orchid Righteous 3D, I think it had a whopping 4MB ram! Those were the days, with that dodgy pass-through cable that made the 2D graphics a bit blurry due to interference

I played the demo of Shogo but that was it, nonetheless I think a game like that could do with an update. The sense of scale is something I've been dying to see on these powerful consoles. I nearly crapped myself seeing Resistance 2 shown at E3 with the gigantic monster, but I'm confused as to why more games aren't like that

Comment

Working...
                              X