Karate Kid remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karate Kid remake

Apparently Jackie Chan has been lined up to play Mr Miyagi in a remake of the classic karate kid!!

Naoooooooo! Leave Karate Kid alone I say!

Comment

yeh...if it aint broke dont fix it!

Comment

But... Jackie Chan is from Hong Kong...

When I lived in Japan, I had a teacher called Mr. Miyagi. True story.
        Last edited by noobish hat; 15-01-2009, 02:18.

Comment

Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Vietnamese........all the same to Hollywood. Just look at Tokyo Drift or Memoirs of a Geisha. Wax on, wax off....

Comment

I'm a little baffled as to HOW they can remake the Karate Kid. Martial arts in mainstream movies have changed a lot since the 80s - standing on one leg isn't going to look very cool any more. If he's pulling off Matrix style moves then it won't be believable as a genuine competition. They'll also have to up the violence considerably I guess.

*scratch that, if it's a Jackie Chan movie then I can see how it will turn out lol
            Last edited by Darwock; 15-01-2009, 03:19.

Comment

Poor old Pat Morita, I'd bet he'd be turning in his grave right about now

Comment

Think its Will Smiths son thats playing the Kid part

they were talking about it on Radio 1 this morning

Comment

yeah, 10 is a little young though isn't it?

Comment

I would say so.. wasn't Ralph Macchio about 30 years old when he did it? :P

Comment

oh god that reminds me, isn't My Cousin Vinny an awesome film.

Comment

Well it won Marisa Tomei an Oscar so it has to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Well it won Marisa Tomei an Oscar so it has to be good.
                          Marisa Tomei is AWESOME!!!!

especially in the Wrestler

Comment

Lets face it, its going to be dump! From what I have read its essentially Will Smith throwing his weight around for a vehicle to boost his kids exposure. If thats the case it could end up doing more harm than good.

You can tell the only thing it will share with the original is the name. Anyone who really enjoyed the original will be in their 30's now and would more than likely buy an anniversary edition on BluRay, but are unlikely to go the pictures to see a remake with a 10 year old.

The problem with these crap remakes is they tend to take the original down the pan with them.

Comment

Seeing as The Next Karate Kid starred an Oscar winner in the lead role, the remake has high standards to live up to.

Comment

Working...
                              X