Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your oldest piece of gaming hardware and software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your oldest piece of gaming hardware and software?

What is yor oldest piece of gaming hardware and software? One of each please and no more. Pictures would be ace!

Will post mine tomorrow or something

Hardware: Rubber keyed 48k ZX Spectrum.

Software: ZX81 Chess Cassette - even though I don't have a ZX81 to play it on.

Comment

Hardware: Famicom
      Software: Super Mario Bros, or Mario Bros for Famicom

I think they're all 1983 or 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
        Hardware: Rubber keyed 48k ZX Spectrum.
        This. Sitting in perfect condition all boxed up with a Sinclair II interface, Kempston interface, and a Microdrive along with two joysticks.

Software wise, probably Grand Prix Circuit, old EGA (I think?) dos game. Got rid of all our speccy tapes.

Comment

What? No one has an atari 2600? I can't believe it. Dunno what the oldest game would be for me, probably one of the random atari cartridges. Unless we're counting like old binatone pong machines or whatever, got a couple of those which must predate the atari.

Comment

Vectrex (1982). I should really give it some more love.

Comment

I've got my copy of Sonic The Hedgehog 3 on Mega Drive which was given to me as a present from my Mum & Nan when I was a kid.

That's probally the oldest peice of Videogame software I own, I used to own stuff dating back far longer but don't own that anymore after clearing out my collection!

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Space Monkey; 15-02-2009, 08:43.

Comment

I'm 100% Sony again so my oldest hardware is an SCPH-1000 PS. My oldest software is Ridge Racer, the first ever PS game.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Do you mean you chucked out all your stuff besides Sony hardware or software?

I thought you had stuff dating far back far longer than that.

Comment

All of you. Get out of the retro thread. Go on. Get out.

Comment

No, no. I've been streamlining through sales for a while now, so I don't have as much as I had before. There is still some older stuff in the loft at my Mom's place, but of the items I consider my actual personal gaming gear the PS1 and RR are the oldest.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've got a mid-70s Binatone Pong, and a Phillips Videopac (a rebranded Odyssey 2 I think, which predates the 2600), about four 2600s, a Vic 20, a ZX81, and some other crap. Used to have a PET as well. That is before we get to 1984, and the actually decent 8 bit gaming machines.
                            Last edited by Papercut; 16-01-2009, 22:26.

Comment

Got a couple of Commodore 64's lying around.

Comment

Working...
                              X