Ultimate top ten gba games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate top ten gba games

Ok, what I want to do here is make a definitive list of the top ten best gba games ever. I DON'T want people to list their individual top ten, I want us to collaborate on the list. Why? ****s n giggles innit. People can suggest a game and we can debate on where it should go in the list. Maybe we can encourage people to try games for the first time to see if they agree that it's better than their suggestion etc. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

From now on, GBA exclusives only, so no SNES ports!

The current list;

1. Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow
    2. Wario Ware Twisted
    3. Mario and Luigi - Superstar Saga
    4. Final Fantasy Tactics
    5. Metroid Zero Mission
    6. Mario Kart Advance - Super Circuit
    7. The Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap
    8. Advance Wars 1+2
    9. Gradius Advance
    10. Final Fight One

Go!
    Last edited by noobish hat; 25-01-2009, 11:57.

I'm going to agree with them two choices. Super Mario World is sublime in every sense of the word.

Unfortunately..it might sound like it I don't play many GBA games or am a massive castlevania fan but I agree like I said with COTM..I've beat it more than 10 times now I reckon. But I absolutely love Aria of Sorrow.

Aria of sorrow must go in. The music is the best in the series. Soma wasn't anime, he was cute as hell and a bit simple. I loved the whole castle. Graphically amazing.

Comment

My top three are Wario Ware, Wario Ware and Wario Ware.

The best handheld game ive ever played and none of the sequels bettered the original. Other developers please take note, handheld games shouldn't try to ape the longwinded bore fests available on consoles: handheld stuff should distinguish itself by being short, sharp, challenging, addictive, visceral and with no story lines or stupid dialogue to shovel through. Nintendo really nailed it with this one.
      Last edited by moonwhistle; 22-01-2009, 23:56.

Comment

Sadly I've still not managed to find a jap Aria of Sorrow, so I've not played it yet, but I did play Harmony of Dissonance, and it was awful compared to Circle of the Moon. CotM was also the first game I got with my gba near launch day. I was blown away immediately by the eerie music from Rondo of Blood (think that was its frst appearance). Actually I was blown away just by the gba's start up thing, with the animated lettering. After about 15 years of the word 'Gameboy' scrolling down the screen it was really quite something.

Comment

I'll stick wario ware at 3 for now. Can't believe I haven't played it yet, but everything I've heard is in the superlative.

Comment

I don't like HOD either..although I did get enjoyment out of it at the time.
            I did buy the Japanese and UK AOS on release.

Definitely pick yourself up AOS, as you might say, it is superlative.

Minish Cap had me hooked too.

Comment

Metroid Zero Mission should be there IMO.

And I'd say Aria of Sorrow is the best GBA Castlevania

The original Advance Wars should be there too, surley?

oh and Zelda The Minish Cap too.

Comment

Good idea. Zero mission is one of my favourites. At first I didn't like the style because every had like a choppy outline or something like platforms looked like they'd been plonked on top of the scenery. In the end, though, I loved it. It's like being gifted with another Super Metroid. It's a damn shame they didn't do a straight port of that as well to be honest. I'll stick it up there, but it may get knocked off later cos there's a lot of great action platformers on the gba, although admittedly, Zero Mission is one of the best, and I think everyone will agree it's better than Fusion at least.

Comment

metroid fusion also. fantastic game, made up for being a bit easier with supurb visuals, music and a decent story to boot.

im going to reccomend ff tactics as well. great game that takes hours of your life before you even realise it.

and lastly how could you write a top 10 gba list without a pokemon game? not the green and red remakes but ruby/sapphire/emerald. top stuff

Comment

Mariokart Advance/Super Circuit. Bettered only by the mighty SNES original, and crucially, it actually plays and feels a lot like it. The shoot 'em-up party games that carry the Mariokart name nowadays are still pretty good games, but when it comes to pure racing action, they are positively ****e by comparison.

Comment

Golden Sun.
                      Advance Wars.

Comment

Zelda: Minish Cap.

Comment

I would argue a place for Final Fantasy Tactics as it is the GBA game I spent longest playing. A brilliant on the go game. Some prefer advance wars, but Tactics had more lastibility for me.

I would also put forward Final Fight. A brilliant conversion, and the first time I felt that I had an arcade game in my hands. Also added some extra costumes and features into the mix.
                          Last edited by Skull Commander; 23-01-2009, 09:11.

Comment

Sonic Advance has to be in there. Advance wars as well.

Comment

Definitely Advance Wars and Minge Cap as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X