Where do you find Famicom stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you find Famicom stuff?

Having no luck in the Wanted thread, so... where do you all find your famicom and disk system stuff? Ebay is a total no go, everything is ridiculously over-priced. Is there some secret source that I don't know about? Are people using proxy bidders on yahoo japan, and do any members here do proxy bidding? Don't really trust some dodgy jap site, but if it was someone on here I'd feel a lot better about it.

Best not to use Yahoo Japan right now for famicom games, you'll be hit by both the dollar and the yen price. I've got some credit with one of the proxy bidding sites and I still haven't bought anything since late last summer.

Comment

You'll occasionally get a good deal on eBay. Most people sell loads of games by themselves for high BIN prices only, but sometimes you'll get a good one off auction.

A good place is www.famicomworld.com - there's a buy/sell forum which has some activity.

Comment

Thanks guys. Been looking at Famicom World's recommended seller list. Have you used Japan Game Stock at all? Seem to have the biggest selection at decent prices (Japanese highstreet prices as far as I can tell) but no photos!

Comment

One of the guys over at digitpress, Carl (ckendal) runs FamicomShop.com
          He's a good friendly guy and will probably sort you out if you need quite a few titles!

Comment

Oh and I hear what you say about eBay but...

I highly recommend this shop. Its where my Twin Fami came from and the service/communication is fantastic!

Comment

Ah yes, I've had my eye on his rockman 5, and maybe his disk system, if I can wangle it.

Comment

I've used Yahoo auctions before through Shopping Mall Japan, but as mentioned with the exchange rate it's not worth it.

You can find some good deals on eBay if you look, just avoid all Buy It Now auctions and if you keep looking out for auctions you'll probably find a dew sellers who often list famicom games for decent prices.

Comment

I normally use a couple of ebay sellers, Dream Stars Japan, The Ninja's Castle. The Ninja has quite a few FDS games right now BTW.

I've also used NeoAyato, a French online shop, and he's got tonnes of stuff at reasonable prices. What you see on that page is just the new items BTW - it's not clear but there are sub-sections linked at the top of the page for complete boxed, boxed, loose carts etc.

Occasionally I've used Retrogames, who advertise in Retro Gamer magazine. Their prices are a little high though especially for unboxed games, but I think they include delivery.

Sadly a lot of the people I used to use aren't selling much Fami stuff any more, I suppose there's not much of a market for it these days especially with people not spending so much.
                  Last edited by MattyD; 25-01-2009, 14:46.

Comment

I've used Dream Stars Japan and The Ninja's Castle, as well as Japan Game Stock. However the last thing I ordered from them got stung by customs and a ?13.50 handling charge (thank you Parcel Force!).

Comment

Working...
                    X