Google gone mad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google gone mad?

Is anyone else having issues with Google? Everything I search for comes up with a "Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!" warning with no way of reaching the site.

Yip, I'm looking for some footy streams and it's doing that. I assume you can turn this 'feature' off but haven't looked in the settings.

Comment

Hmm. I'm getting the same thing. Using Firefox and AVG. AVG tells me there are no threats though.

Comment

Yeah, same here.

Comment

Same here, It happens on every link now.

Comment

Looks like their security database has gone down - now everything is flagged as dangerous.
            If you try to follow the links to find out the reason you get a server error....

Comment

Aye, same thing here.

Comment

Yeah AVG says its fine here too. I get a server error when trying to reach the "Safe Browsing diagnostic page"...guess they're being hammered by millions of people

Comment

I just remembered that there are search engines other than Google.

Wonder whether Alta Vista still exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo View Post
                    Wonder whether Alta Vista still exists.
                    Well, if it does, I wouldn't go there if I were you - Google is telling me it may harm your computer.

Comment

Seeing the same thing here too

EDIT: seems to be back up now?
                      Last edited by Tetsuo; 31-01-2009, 15:19.

Comment

Google News is sometimes coming up as not available (server error).

Somebody's soooo gonna get fired for this.

Comment

Or someone is going on a distaster recovery course next week

Comment

Was fine earlier but then got it for about 10 sites I've never had any problems with including the BBC & the WRC site. I just restarted my Mac and it's been fine since on the same sites.

Comment

Yep had this problem before and so i switched to a different Search engine. If you type into the task bar it works fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X