Super Aleste Strange options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Aleste Strange options

Yesterday I put on Super Aleste for the first time in ages only to discover two very strange options at the bottom of the screen.

The options are DEATH and a Round Select. What's even stranger is that these 2 options vanished after playing the game. Does anyone know how they appeared there in the first place and what the DEATH option does?

Yakumo

Just a stab in the dark, but I'd say death could refer to restarting at check points rather than instant respawn. Round could refer to a second loop after finishing the game.

I've played the game loads but I've never noticed those options.

Comment

That's what I mean. I've also played this game 100's of times but never saw these before then all of a suddern they're up there.

Yakumo

Comment

Are you playing the same cart you've always used? ... Some early releases of games( Axelay for example ) ... have easy to access cheat options. Maybe you pressed a quick joypad combo - not realising, and those options came up.

Comment

yes, this is the cart I've always had. Maybe you are right about the pad combo to access the cheat mode but how on earth did I find this? Crazy. Gamefaqs turns up nothing so I'll check out a few Japanese site. I won't get my hopes up though since japanese sites in general are pretty crap.

yakumo

Comment

I always thought it was odd (though pretty useful and unique at the same time) that Super Aleste had a pause assigned to the L-button.

Are there any other games anyone can think of that do this?

Comment

but I'd say death could refer to restarting at check points rather than instant respawn.
              I swear my PAL copy has this option somewhere... but it's been a few years since i've had it all set up - methinks i'll have to do that sometime this weekend to find out.

Comment

If you do find out please post here on how you got it up because I have no idea how I got it on my cartridge.

yakumo

Comment

The Japanese version has more content than the European and American versions, here are some of the differences.

* It has a more advanced options screen.

* Has Super Deformed art on the options and game over screen.

* It has a real ending sequence that brings conclusion to the story. In addition, by pressing the L or R button after the credits, you get an extra piece of art that changes depending on the difficulty.

just wondered was it played on a japanese or a pal snes

Comment

Played on a Super Famicom.

Comment

it was odd that you could go into a mode that let you pan and zoom one of the spaceships used in the game.

however, you could never get back to the main menu after looking at it - why not?

Comment

you could. You had to press something like L&R, Select and Start.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                        X