Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you met anyone who hasn't seen Star Wars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you met anyone who hasn't seen Star Wars?

The original trilogy, I mean? And someone who is now older than, say, 25?

I met such a person this evening. She's 30. And yet, she's never seen any of the Star Wars films. No idea what Darth Vader looks like! No idea what a light saber is.

I honestly couldn't have been more disgusted if she'd said she'd never heard of Shakespeare, like that guy in Big Brother in 2007.

Do you know anyone who hasn't seen Star Wars?

I was talking to some people from uni the other day, and one girl said she'd never seen it. I was actually shocked. How can you not have seen star wars. Everything has a star wars reference in it! Imagine the amount of jokes they don't get. I think it's taking the piss a bit actually, not seeing star wars. I guess maybe cos it's hardly ever shown on tv, it's much harder to 'accidentily' watch it.

Comment

At uni now presumably means aged about 18-22, which makes it slightly more forgiveable, in that she deserved to be executed, but not tortured for very long. When she was 9ish the turds that were the prequels came out in that case.

But yeah, the jokes that must go over her head. When someone says "May the force be with you" is her head full of Isaac Newton, I wonder?

Comment

Yeah a girl predictably who is 27, think she might have seen phantom menace, but deffo none of the originals.

Comment

On a similar note, my mate bought a new tv and asked me to bring some films round. I took the original trilogy and he was like, 'Are they the new ones?' When I said no, he replied 'You watch some crap, don't you?'

Had to laugh, he's my age just gone past 30. He likes all the new crap that comes out which I can't stand, refuses to watch subtitled films as well, like all the Hong Kong and Kung Fu stuff I have.

Ah well, everyone has their own tastes I suppose.

Comment

The wife's not seen it, nor one of my sisters and the brother in law.

They just don't like sci-fi.

Comment

I work with a guy, 27 years old, who has never seen a harrison Ford movie, including Star Wars!! Not even Indi or bladerunner too!! Shocking!

Comment

My wife hadn't seen it before we met.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                  My wife hadn't seen it before we met.
                  yeah same here

i managed to take her to the pictures when the special editions were released

she still calls Ewoks teddy bears though

Comment

Had a flatmate who hadn't seen it. He's 24 now and I'm sure he's still not seen them (despite being a bit of a film buff).

Comment

One of my mates, age 32, didn't see any Star Wars until a couple of years ago. And my sister in law admitted to being a Star Wars virgin when she moved in with my bro. We made her watch my episode 4 to 6 laserdiscs to set things right.
                      Nowadays I'm not surprised younger folks haven't seen the originals. The prequels weren't much cop and films are so hyped prior to release that they almost seem old news by the time they are released.

Comment

Half the population of Japan.

Probably not an accurate estimate though, it just seems like it sometimes. But to be fair, NO-ONE in Japan knows Shigeru Miyamoto either. Get your head around that one.

Comment

He speaks the truth, I teach 16-18 year old Japanese kids in high school and whenever I try and 'involve' them in western culture I just get blank expressions - "Who's seen star wars??? nobody?? no? I'll get me coat"

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                            yeah same here

i managed to take her to the pictures when the special editions were released

she still calls Ewoks teddy bears though
                            Likewise here also. It was on TV the other day and she said "What's that big bear doing?" (in reference to Chewbacca) "Is this a science fiction movie?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
                              I work with a guy, 27 years old, who has never seen a harrison Ford movie, including Star Wars!! Not even Indi or bladerunner too!! Shocking!
                              I'm 26 and have never seen Star Wars. Though I've played a number of games and seen so many parodies that I think I know the story fairly well at this point.

I've also never seen Indiana Jones. Or any James Bond movie. Or pretty much any major movie released between 1900 and 2000, it seems like.

Comment

Working...
                              X