A Very British Storm Junkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Very British Storm Junkie

For anyone interested in extreme weather conditions (no, not snow...) then this show will be worth a watch:

It's on Thursday, 9pm on Channel 4.

I had the pleasure of working with Stuart on a contract once, and he was a real character. Loads of stories and jokes and he's, quite obviously, completely mad.

</advert over>

Well I enjoyed it

Comment

Meant to set the Sky plus for this but it slipped my mind. Hopefully if it will be repeated on More 4 or something. Can't be arsed reinstalling 4oD again. My anti-virus software hates it.

Comment

It was very good stuff. His enthusiasm is just amazing.

A hobby that takes proper dedication, time and money. Bit like gaimg eh.

Comment

I wonder if he sits on messages boards arguing just like gamers, too?

WHAT? THAT STORM ONLY GOT A 7 OUT OF 10?!

Comment

just caught up with this, a great little doc about a proper british eccentric

i like the way he didn't really seem to take much scientific data from his experiences but just did it for the rush and some good pics/vids

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              i like the way he didn't really seem to take much scientific data from his experiences but just did it for the rush and some good pics/vids
              You not seen his website then?

Comment

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
                I wonder if he sits on messages boards arguing just like gamers, too?

WHAT? THAT STORM ONLY GOT A 7 OUT OF 10?!
                Yep, he does on http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/

Comment

his website though looks like a bunch of instruments in his garden hooked up to his pc

whenever he chased storms he ran about like a 5 year old only occasionaly holding a wind speed guage up in the air.

maybe the doc just focussed on the people side of things (something it did very well), but i got the feeling he was a big kid who liked going 'wooooo' at extreme weather as there was no clues at all as to what scientific benefit he was deriving from his activities

Comment

Working...
                  X