Places to get GBA games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to get GBA games?

Recently into the Gameboy Advance scene at the moment and wondering good online reccomendations for buying GBA games?

The problem with eBay is many of them are fakes and there isn't all that much available for many games right now.

I looked around the high street today at several 2nd hand shops and 2 GAME's and a Gamestation but only saw a handful of games most of which are the usual stuff..

about to go look on amazon marketplace.

chips (the computer shop) carry some still, chipsworld.co.uk other than that your local pawn shop (cash converters, cash generator, cex) are probably your best bet

Comment

Chips can be a bit expensive for gba stuff. As I recall, they had pokemon emerald for nearly ?30. ?12 for Boktai 2's not bad though, I guess. Hope you're not abandoning the old gbc, Ben I've been having trouble finding boxed stuff too, just not enough of it on ebay really. But then again, some one keeps outbidding me

Comment

If you stick to japanese gba stuff on ebay you will get less fakes as they only seem to target western style gba boxes.

Comment

I'm not abandoning GBC no way got most of the stuff I want though just keeping an eye out for any good games now and again. I'm mainly going for GBA right now so I've got a decent collection for my micro

Oh really? who could that be :P

I do keep an eye out at local 2nd hand shops but they very rarely have anything. However they do have about 9 gamegear games that have been there (cart only) for the last 3 years or so.
          Gamestation seem to have given up on GBA games apart from when they bundle them with the consoles so not much there either

I considered getting some from eBay USA but decided against it as I really can't be bothered with the hassle for any pirate games (or the hassle of making sure they're not pirate with emails and asking for pictures)
          Last edited by Ouenben; 17-02-2009, 19:31.

Comment

Okay Amazon marketplace can **** off because of the sellers,

A) They wouldn't know what mint or "like new" meant if it booted them in a face.

B) They couldn't price a game accurately/reasonably if their lives depended on it!

Far too many listings are like this;

Mario land 1 Gamboy - used - LIKE NEW

cartridge only, slight yellowing on cartridge plastic.

£19.99 + postage.

Urgh theres quite a few rare ones on there too

Although I've just remembered a game I always wanted to try. Metal slug on GBA. Will go have a look now
            Last edited by Ouenben; 17-02-2009, 19:48.

Comment

Gbc, but if anyone finds Stranded Kids, I've got dibs on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                Okay Amazon marketplace can **** off because of the sellers,

A) They wouldn't know what mint or "like new" meant if it booted them in a face.

B) They couldn't price a game accurately/reasonably if their lives depended on it!

Far too many listings are like this;

Mario land 1 Gamboy - used - LIKE NEW

cartridge only, slight yellowing on cartridge plastic.

£19.99 + postage.

Urgh theres quite a few rare ones on there too

Although I've just remembered a game I always wanted to try. Metal slug on GBA. Will go have a look now
                Be wary of amazon market place, there are many fake gba carts there too.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  If you stick to japanese gba stuff on ebay you will get less fakes as they only seem to target western style gba boxes.
                  Have to disagree with you here, lots of fake jp gba stuff too, especially if your searching worldwide.

Comment

I get the majority of my GBA stuff off people on this site, and I've never had a problem. Other GBA games, I tend to find in places like Cash Generator and down the market on second hand day, usually with battered/no boxes, but I don't mind. Weirdly, I've never owned a pirate cart, not out of intention, it's just that none have come my way. I know that I'll probably never find an original copy of Ninja Cop for under a tenner, so I'm definitely tempted to splurge out for a cheap eBay copy.

Anyway, I love the GBA - nothing gets more play these days, even the 'DS' part of my Lite gets little usage.

On a sidenote, I discovered that Leeds CEX's GBA shelf was entirely empty when I popped in around teatime. It didn't have that much on it to begin with, but they had some GBA RPGs a couple of months back, and a few other lesser-seen GBA titles. I think Gamestation have stopped doing them entirely.

It's such a pain that Nintendo made such a dumbass choice to keep on with the cardboard packaging for its GBA games.

EDIT: PS: Ouenben, I think Gunrock was selling a reasonably priced GBA Metal Slug on here a bit back. I don't know if it's still up for sale, but check for threads.

Comment

thanks Jazzfunk but I can't access the trading forums because of problems ages ago (I took forever to get things posted due to living miles from the PO and not going out often, obviously now i realise I shouldn't I shouldn't of been trading in those circumstances but i was young! )

I love the GB micro myself, absolute handheld perfection. Lovely crisp screen and decent sound (although headphones are preferred)
                      You think it's small when you look at it/feel it but the penny really drops when you stop taking the cartridge slot for granted and realise it makes almost half of the console up!

Comment

I think in they have them in a box behind the counter somewhere in CEX, but don't take any bull**** from them if they say they don't, cos they don't know anything. Bunch of nerks they are in there.

Comment

Gamestation guy tells me they have a box of them downstairs but they don't get them out for people to rummage through... fine! one less sale for you GS!

On an unrelated funny note, I saw a kid trade in 5 PS2 games to GAME for 10p each I didn't get an eye of what they where but I don't think they were all sports games!

Comment

When I see that kind of **** going down, I often consider intervening and saying 'I'll give you 20p each for them'. Then I remember that if some stupid little twat is trading in games for 10p off the latest bull****, he's probably not the brightest bulb in the box, and his games are probably trashed.

Comment

yeah I did consider it haha.

Not really the right thread but it's not worth making a new one:
                              Got my gb micro the other day, came with rayman as said but I asked him specifically before buying it if the screen was clear/unmarked and he said it was so I thought okay I'll buy it, and asked him to wrap it in a couple tissues or something to protect the screen particularly, but when it arrived it was just the micro + charger covered in a ball of bubble wrap.
                              As expected the screen was marked, and the top of the faceplate even had a chip off it which he didn't tell me about! Also the A button has to be pushed down hard to work which i thought i could live with but then when playing mario kart I often find myself just slowing down.
                              I sent an email complaining saying it wasn't as described but as I've been after one for ages I'd settle for a partial refund he said okay how much? so I'm just trying to decide a good amount.

He seems like a nice guy and he posted it quick and responds promptly, plus his postage charges are decent but he needs to work on his descriptions he doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on.

It cost me £16 + postage so how much do you reckon I should ask for back?

Comment

Working...
                              X