DM: Cancer Risk from Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM: Cancer Risk from Facebook

Everything either gives you cancer or it makes it go away. How to simplify the reporting of science:
    Social networking sites such as Facebook could raise your risk of serious health problems by reducing levels of face-to-face contact, a doctor claims.

I especially liked this jokey comment:
    I think the real issue people are forgetting here is that using Facebook MUST be having some effect on house prices?
    Click to rate Rating 21- Robin, Rhondda Valley, Wales, 19/2/2009

So if I understand correctly, not exposing yourself to germs is a serious health risk?

Comment

How does Facebook create abnormalities in genetic material exactly??

Comment

Holy **** that article has a serious amount of bull**** in it.

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
          Holy **** that article has a serious amount of bull**** in it.
          A cancer inducing amount of bull**** if i don't say so myself...

Comment

Since the use of mobile phones has been given the green light in hospitals, leading to the drop in income from the 50p a minute communal phones in the wards, research has show MRSA is spreading through the use of mobile phones.

There was me thinking it was just down to cutbacks and poor hygene, how daft.

Comment

It's from the Daily Mail; must be the truth!

Comment

Do you know what concerns me most of all? That there are people out there DUMB enough to read that nonsense and take it seriously.

That and the fact that someone was actually paid money to write it!

Comment

The Daily Mail is quite possibly the worst paper money can buy these days. Full of lies and non facts.
                  Being involved in a story they carried last year was a real eye opener. When you know what's really happening and then read the crap they print you being to wonder if the editors know this and do it all on purpose.

Comment

"Social networking sites such as Facebook could raise your risk of serious health problems by reducing levels of face-to-face contact, a doctor claims."

I absolutely hate introductions like this.

I'm still waiting for the onion to announce that they actually bought out the daily mail about a decade ago.
                    Last edited by Ouenben; 19-02-2009, 20:47.

Comment

I'd be more worried about this if I were u lot:

Comment

Meh. I'm one of the three people that doesn't use Facebook. The above isn't really anything I didn't already know or suspect.

Nice use of Boards of Canada.

Comment

Working...
                        X