connecting pc to tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting pc to tv

can anyone tell me the best way to do this or what lead(s) i might need? my graphics card is radeon 9700 which has tv out. thanks

oh yeah doing this so i can watch films, hence asking in this folder

Well the way I do it (i have a Geforce 4 Ti4200) is I connect the s-video out to the s-video>component cable they supplied with it to a twin phono lead, then connect that to a phono>scart block. Then I use a standard jack>phono cable to take the sound from my sound card into the same scart block. Then just put that into the TV.

I also find that its best not to have your desktop resolution greater than 800*600 as this seems to be the standard resolution for TVs (well all of mine anyways). Then you can select 'run full screen' without any problems.

Comment

svideo/composite you mean?

I'd go with the above recommendation. Unfortunately, unless you have a TV which takes a VGA input (eg, a friend's plasma does), then svideo is what you're stuck with (unless you want to entertain VGA-> something converters). As for sound, jack/rca leads from the line out on your soundcard will do, unless you have optical out or something.

IIRC, my ATI card scaled down anything above 800x600 before outputting, so text etc will be hideous to read. I've not used the 9700 Pro, but if it's anything like the old Rage Pro LT, when you connect a TV up via svideo, other strange resolutions become available which give the correct aspect ratio on a 16:9 TV. I'm sure it was something like 848x500ish. Can't remember, and can't check right now.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
        svideo/composite you mean?
        Yeah, sorry, heads a little fried today in work

Comment

Working...
        X